A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I was thinking that because the looking back at the closing of the door seemed pretty symbolic . Maybe King North of the Wall...

I guess it could have this as well since he was in “crow clothes” and not wildling gear.
    This is exactly what I thought. Bran the Broken - King of the 6 Kingdoms, Sansa Stark - Queen of the North, Aegon Targaryen - King of the REAL North

Comment

You would think a death of a character as big as Dani would take longer than 3 mins to play out......

crap writing, crap editing.... crap season...it took 1.5 years and this is what we got...

pffffffttttt

Comment

Lmaooooo.......yep , my wife would have died on the spot......then haunted me thru eternity!!!![emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
          I know right!

I thought the pacing and timing of this season was off... it was too sped up. I blame the writers for that, because they chose to cut it down to 6 episodes. But..... the way it ended was good, and if you paid attention to THE SHOW, especially seasons 6-8, it all made sense.

To all the people saying that Jon should be on the throne, or Jon got screwed.... HE NEVER WANTED THE THRONE. How many times did he have to say it? Also, he LITERALLY said the words (to Tormund) this season "I wish I was going North of the wall with you..I really do." Jon got what he wanted in the end. If he seemed sad in some of those last scenes, it is because he was clearly still dealing with the emotions of killing Dany (the scene when Tyrion visits him in chains and Jon asks if he did the right thing explains this).

To the people saying "why did Jon come back from the dead for that??" Well.... he did save the realm from a murderous crazy woman. Kind of important?

To the people saying "why did they reveal Jon was a Targaryn with a rightful claim to the throne, only to have him never sit on the throne. Well.... without his Targ blood, he would've never gained Dany or Drogons trust and would've never been able to get alone with her in the end. Everything happened for a reason (think Bran), and again... he did not want the throne!

I would say most all the loose ends were tied up. Brans entire storyline makes sense now (Hodor, 3ER). Arya's and Jon each had their purposes and destiny (Lord of Light). Sansa got to learn from Cersei, and then slowly plot her way to being a Queen (something she has talked about since S1). Sam/Davos/Tyrion are wise men that have good intentions for the masses, they are now in charge. Bronn finally gets HighGarden (he deserved it). Brienne and Pod are in their rightful spots, they deserved that. Cersei and Jamie died together... which was always fitting. They were passionate fools, and they died that way. Am I forgetting anything?
          In for the HUGE win......thanks for posting!!! Not sure if some folks actually watched the series with intent or just glazed over episodes waiting on what they liked....or what they expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
            In a show that is called "Game of Thrones," the person that wins the throne is the one who sees all the moves, and all the moving pieces. And that was Bran. He repeatedly told people that they were exactly where they were supposed to be, or did exactly what they were supposed to do. He saw the past, and apparently the future. Tyrion was right. Who better to appoint as king than the one person who could see, the now 6 kingdoms, and all of their needs, and temperaments. He didn't want the throne, but knew it had to be him, and he knew it all the way back at the tree behind the wall. The only way to break the wheel was have him get the kingdoms going in uniform direction.
            Jon looking back at the closing door was symbolic of him knowing that he might not ever go back through it, because he was returning to where he felt free. Us knowing that Ghost and Jon are connected, the symbolism of their freedom is shown with Ghost running through the snow, finally returning home.
            Arya seeming dazed in episode 5 did not show a weakness in her, she was an up close tactical assassin who was not prepared for the wrath of a dragon, so she was just reacting. But it allowed her to survive the attack. You can bet that we can expect more from her.
            As far as ordering Jon to the wall, and them actually sending him, was more on the times and of honor, just as Ned chopped off the guys head in the first episode. Ned told his boys it had to be done because he deserted the wall, and it had to him to do it since it was his rule. The Knight's Watch was not established to keep the White Walker's at bay, it was to keep the Wildlings at bay. No one south of the wall believed in Walkers , and Walker's were just myth until Jon and Dani brought one to King's Landing, so that was never the reason for sending men to the wall.
            I agree that Season 8 was rushed, and that more episodes were needed. Too many prophesies and agendas were left incomplete, but that is t.v. for you.
            Just some random thoughts and overall, the best series of my short 40 years. Looking forward to the spin-offs.
            Bingeaux......well played sir![emoji457]

Comment

The season was definitely rushed. no ending was going to please everyone. i have some grips for sure but i thought bran would end up on the throne. once you started eliminating dany, jon, sansa from possible king/queens, Bran made the most sense. GOT has never had a season finale be as good as the 2nd to last (or in this case the episode of the night king's death) and they kinda stuck with that formula.

Lotta $$ to be made still so they left everyone alive on purpose! for those that did die, there wasn't enough gratification - cersei got off easy, dany's death didn't make sense (jon had to give up his sword to see tyrion but strolls into see dany with all his weapons??).

I've started watching Barry on HBO trying to fill the void! it's good! may start Deadwood as well.

Comment

Now that we supposedly have a stable kingdom, here's what really happens:

1. Robyn Arryn realizes that even he could take out an unguarded Bran and decides he should be king, too. The Vale, according to the books, is impregnable and rich in resources. They don't need a northern king or alliance, and Robyn is a narcissistic runt.

2. The Iron Born don't want to just get along so they make an alliance with the Dothraki - "You like to rape and pillage? So do we! Let's start with Dorne since nobody really cares about them anyways."

3. Dorne, which likewise hates everyone else, sees the Dothraki/Iron Born horde headed their way and make their split.

4. Brienne's kingdom does nothing since she's all they've ever had and apparently nothing is what they do.

5. King's Landing has been nuked and can't raise a force capable of protecting themselves much less enforce unity.

6. Regardless of her family name or looks, Sansa is still a female and, other than her and Bran, the North despises everyone south of them. No help there.

To summarize, chaos quickly ensues. All the southern kingdoms slay each other and in about 20 years, the Masters from Slavers Bay show up with their fresh set of Unsullied and take over/enslave the South. Other than Sansa, nobody in the North cares, including Aria who has either been eaten by a Kraken or who has bravely piloted her boat off the edge of the world (back then, worlds were flat - there's plenty of maps from those times to prove that). Life goes on much the same as it ever has.

Comment

The Hollywood fiction bar is set pretty low for me.

I wanted a couple good dragon scenes and Jon to make it right with his dog.

I did like how the Stark's fared in the end.
                  First couple seasons, things weren't looking good for that family.

Comment

I was a little curious how ol Johnny was gonna deal with that dragon up close and personal....I was hoping for a quick draw, and throat slash!

“You can take no wife, you can bear no children, you can hold no lands”

BTW here’s a whole half a continent, high fenced off from all the *******s, and full of hot red headed chicks who think you’re a bad ***...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I was a little curious how ol Johnny was gonna deal with that dragon up close and personal....I was hoping for a quick draw, and throat slash!

BTW here’s a whole half a continent, high fenced off from all the *******s, and full of hot red headed chicks who think you’re a bad ***...

I too was hoping for a throat slash and or Jon hop on and torch the unsullied/Dothraki

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Not to mention the long, cold nights, lack of TV or books and shortage of men. Jon = "winning!"

Comment

Probably the coolest shot of the season...

Click image for larger version

Name:	drogo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	24580059

Comment

yeah the shot with dany with wings was impressive, I was fine with all the outcomes and story arcs just wished it was written with a little bit more detail to help us understand ''the why''.....rushed is an understatement, and I really liked ''The Long Night'' episode and liked episode 5 too but episode 6 was a pretty big let down, it was going well up until right after jon killed dany….my brother who is a book nerd and GOT maniac told me bran would be the king 3 years ago, he said the king wont be a warrior it will be something else...and he was right so I wasn't shocked bran was the King but the story that led up to it was utterly pathetic

Comment

I’m right there with ya bran...right here with ya

Comment

Working...
                                X