Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Not worth spelling correctly...lol

Did she EVER get revenge on anyone who was on her list? I'm sure there will be spin-offs and I'm sure we'll be disappointed once again.

I knew this was going to be a weak series when they killed of Ned Stark so soon. I had hope when Daenerys came into the picture. In the end her dragons were under underwhelming at best.

Don't get me started on the "leader" of the Unsullied. That guys is about as ominous as an angry liberal triggered by MAGA hat.

She killed a few people on her list, including Meryn Trant and Walder Frey. You can somewhat add The Hound to the list as technically, she left him to die. Berri Dondarrion made peace with her by saving her life, and Melissandre died fighting on the same side. She was on her way to kill Cersei before being turned away by the Hound. Most everyone else died before she could get to them.
    Last edited by Roy; 05-20-2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
      The pace of G.R.R. Martin’s writing is really frustrating. Takes years between the books. It obviously takes that long to make the story really work. HBO has butchered the storyline.

Last night’s episode was pure crap.

The north just walks away?Why not the other six kingdoms?

Jon killed the queen. He wins.

When do Unsullied seek justice? The are mercenaries.

Take the black? Why do the need to man the wall? There isn’t a Knight King, white walkers or anything else. Plus, it borders Winterfell- a now independent kingdom. Why go through the gate- the wall has a mile wide hole in it.

Anyway. The early seasons were fantastic. Hope Martin finishes the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dorn is easily more independent than the north. That would have happened...

All the strife we saw for 8 seasons just goes away when they put Bran on the throne?

Did ambitious Lords just cease to exist after Daenerys died?

Looking forward to winds of winter and now I’m NOT looking forward to any of the spinoffs.

Their writing with no crib sheet is horrible.

Shame to waste such great performances.

One cool thing about Jon Going North of the wall is... with summer coming... and no white walkers.... he is going to rule a kingdom almost as big as the rest of Westeros.

Comment

A Game Of Thrones

That was utter crap, but I did have a good laugh at the part where sansas uncle gave his pitch to be the king

Comment

Pretty weak ending but an entertaining series overall. Time to cancel HBO again for a while lol.

Comment

Ugh. The finale was a real letdown.

Comment

I’m not gonna lie I wanted to smack the smirk right off of Brans face when he said “why do think I came all this way” summa*****!!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Now we have a water bottle show up in the Finale. This season was comical to say the least. Loved the series but a little disappointing in how everything turned out. Oh well. Hope the spinoffs are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  It's really strange the way people feel they were "owed" something from this show.

Sometimes in war, people are crushed by falling buildings, and some stories just don't have great endings....
                  I know right!

I thought the pacing and timing of this season was off... it was too sped up. I blame the writers for that, because they chose to cut it down to 6 episodes. But..... the way it ended was good, and if you paid attention to THE SHOW, especially seasons 6-8, it all made sense.

To all the people saying that Jon should be on the throne, or Jon got screwed.... HE NEVER WANTED THE THRONE. How many times did he have to say it? Also, he LITERALLY said the words (to Tormund) this season "I wish I was going North of the wall with you..I really do." Jon got what he wanted in the end. If he seemed sad in some of those last scenes, it is because he was clearly still dealing with the emotions of killing Dany (the scene when Tyrion visits him in chains and Jon asks if he did the right thing explains this).

To the people saying "why did Jon come back from the dead for that??" Well.... he did save the realm from a murderous crazy woman. Kind of important?

To the people saying "why did they reveal Jon was a Targaryn with a rightful claim to the throne, only to have him never sit on the throne. Well.... without his Targ blood, he would've never gained Dany or Drogons trust and would've never been able to get alone with her in the end. Everything happened for a reason (think Bran), and again... he did not want the throne!

I would say most all the loose ends were tied up. Brans entire storyline makes sense now (Hodor, 3ER). Arya's and Jon each had their purposes and destiny (Lord of Light). Sansa got to learn from Cersei, and then slowly plot her way to being a Queen (something she has talked about since S1). Sam/Davos/Tyrion are wise men that have good intentions for the masses, they are now in charge. Bronn finally gets HighGarden (he deserved it). Brienne and Pod are in their rightful spots, they deserved that. Cersei and Jamie died together... which was always fitting. They were passionate fools, and they died that way. Am I forgetting anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                    I know right!

I thought the pacing and timing of this season was off... it was too sped up. I blame the writers for that, because they chose to cut it down to 6 episodes. But..... the way it ended was good, and if you paid attention to THE SHOW, especially seasons 6-8, it all made sense.

To all the people saying that Jon should be on the throne, or Jon got screwed.... HE NEVER WANTED THE THRONE. How many times did he have to say it? Also, he LITERALLY said the words (to Tormund) this season "I wish I was going North of the wall with you..I really do." Jon got what he wanted in the end. If he seemed sad in some of those last scenes, it is because he was clearly still dealing with the emotions of killing Dany (the scene when Tyrion visits him in chains and Jon asks if he did the right thing explains this).

To the people saying "why did Jon come back from the dead for that??" Well.... he did save the realm from a murderous crazy woman. Kind of important?

To the people saying "why did they reveal Jon was a Targaryn with a rightful claim to the throne, only to have him never sit on the throne. Well.... without his Targ blood, he would've never gained Dany or Drogons trust and would've never been able to get alone with her in the end. Everything happened for a reason (think Bran), and again... he did not want the throne!

I would say most all the loose ends were tied up. Brans entire storyline makes sense now (Hodor, 3ER). Arya's and Jon each had their purposes and destiny (Lord of Light). Sansa got to learn from Cersei, and then slowly plot her way to being a Queen (something she has talked about since S1). Sam/Davos/Tyrion are wise men that have good intentions for the masses, they are now in charge. Bronn finally gets HighGarden (he deserved it). Brienne and Pod are in their rightful spots, they deserved that. Cersei and Jamie died together... which was always fitting. They were passionate fools, and they died that way. Am I forgetting anything?

Ya you’re forgetting bran DIDNT WANT IT

Comment

In a show that is called "Game of Thrones," the person that wins the throne is the one who sees all the moves, and all the moving pieces. And that was Bran. He repeatedly told people that they were exactly where they were supposed to be, or did exactly what they were supposed to do. He saw the past, and apparently the future. Tyrion was right. Who better to appoint as king than the one person who could see, the now 6 kingdoms, and all of their needs, and temperaments. He didn't want the throne, but knew it had to be him, and he knew it all the way back at the tree behind the wall. The only way to break the wheel was have him get the kingdoms going in uniform direction.
                      Jon looking back at the closing door was symbolic of him knowing that he might not ever go back through it, because he was returning to where he felt free. Us knowing that Ghost and Jon are connected, the symbolism of their freedom is shown with Ghost running through the snow, finally returning home.
                      Arya seeming dazed in episode 5 did not show a weakness in her, she was an up close tactical assassin who was not prepared for the wrath of a dragon, so she was just reacting. But it allowed her to survive the attack. You can bet that we can expect more from her.
                      As far as ordering Jon to the wall, and them actually sending him, was more on the times and of honor, just as Ned chopped off the guys head in the first episode. Ned told his boys it had to be done because he deserted the wall, and it had to him to do it since it was his rule. The Knight's Watch was not established to keep the White Walker's at bay, it was to keep the Wildlings at bay. No one south of the wall believed in Walkers , and Walker's were just myth until Jon and Dani brought one to King's Landing, so that was never the reason for sending men to the wall.
                      I agree that Season 8 was rushed, and that more episodes were needed. Too many prophesies and agendas were left incomplete, but that is t.v. for you.
                      Just some random thoughts and overall, the best series of my short 40 years. Looking forward to the spin-offs.

Comment

Well, it was better than I expected, however I had conditioned myself for a total letdown i.e. Dexter, Soprano's, etc. At least they gave us some closure with the main characters and tied a lot of things together. All and all, great series of entertainment.

My biggest complaint is the rush of S7-8 and leaving several story lines on cruise control. If Bran was going to end up on the Iron Throne, how about having him do some coll stuff in S7-8?? If Dany was going to turn Mad Queen how about showing us a little more of the transition instead of saving the realm and losing 50% of her army in one show and 2 shows later burning cities and innocent women/children. They should have pushed for 1 more season and given themselves time, the fans weren't going anywhere.

All in all, I think HBO did a good job adapting ASOIAF to a show, even after they past the books in S5-S6. But, I think they struggled wrapping it up and having to do so in such a hurry. I'm not surprised with this, nobody should be.

This thread has been a lot of fun and has quite of bit of history. I'm sure it will get pumped up again with new shows and books.

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
                          In a show that is called "Game of Thrones," the person that wins the throne is the one who sees all the moves, and all the moving pieces. And that was Bran. He repeatedly told people that they were exactly where they were supposed to be, or did exactly what they were supposed to do. He saw the past, and apparently the future. Tyrion was right. Who better to appoint as king than the one person who could see, the now 6 kingdoms, and all of their needs, and temperaments. He didn't want the throne, but knew it had to be him, and he knew it all the way back at the tree behind the wall. The only way to break the wheel was have him get the kingdoms going in uniform direction.
                          Jon looking back at the closing door was symbolic of him knowing that he might not ever go back through it, because he was returning to where he felt free. Us knowing that Ghost and Jon are connected, the symbolism of their freedom is shown with Ghost running through the snow, finally returning home.
                          Arya seeming dazed in episode 5 did not show a weakness in her, she was an up close tactical assassin who was not prepared for the wrath of a dragon, so she was just reacting. But it allowed her to survive the attack. You can bet that we can expect more from her.
                          As far as ordering Jon to the wall, and them actually sending him, was more on the times and of honor, just as Ned chopped off the guys head in the first episode. Ned told his boys it had to be done because he deserted the wall, and it had to him to do it since it was his rule. The Knight's Watch was not established to keep the White Walker's at bay, it was to keep the Wildlings at bay. No one south of the wall believed in Walkers , and Walker's were just myth until Jon and Dani brought one to King's Landing, so that was never the reason for sending men to the wall.
                          I agree that Season 8 was rushed, and that more episodes were needed. Too many prophesies and agendas were left incomplete, but that is t.v. for you.
                          Just some random thoughts and overall, the best series of my short 40 years. Looking forward to the spin-offs.
                          Excellent points!

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post

The wall was built and knights watch established at the end of the long night by Bran the builder with the help of the children of the forrest with the explicit purpose of keeping the white walkers at bay.

They may not have believed in them during the time if Robert’s Rebellion but the builders did.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              Lamest character on show wins the throne.... booooo

Wife is on season 3 and absolutely hates Bran. Definitely not going to tell her how this turns out.

Comment

Since we didn't see the remaining Dothrakis on boats, is it safe to assume that they are free to ravage Westeros (raping their horses and riding off on their women) much like they had done in Asia and West Texas for centuries? Doesn't seem right to just put them on a reservation and tell them to farm.

Perhaps they were told they could have Dorne if they could take it. That would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X