A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Writing is weak. Almost all of the main character arcs in development for the past 7 years were pointless. "Let's just make these characters 'switch' personalities in one season". Lame. It's like they handed the ball over to a bunch of hormonal 6th graders and moved on to Star Wars.

-Tyrion was truly clever and an amazing negotiator through season 6. Now- a bumbling idiot who keeps making one mistake after another. He should have been killed 2 seasons ago.
    -Build up Jaime to accept his flaws and try and be a good person, only to say "nah, bruh, I'm full of hate like my sister" and split. Nice how he took a few stabs to the kidneys and lung, yet made it all the way up to get his sister. Awesome writing!
    -Build up the Golden Company like it is one of the greatest armies in history- only to have them decimated in one blow. Much like how the Dothraki were 'supposedly' taken out against the NK. lol
    -Build up Brienne like she's some strong, virtuous fighter- only to have her turn into a sniveling teenager who lost her first bf.
    -Bran- pointless character development and useless in the end. What is the value of being the Three-Eyed Raven? Other than mind-melting poor Hodor. We only needed Sam to read about Jon in the books to accomplish the same darn thing regarding Jon's lineage. The writers should have just killed Bran with the fall in season 1 and then had Arya push Jamie and Cersei out of a window from the Red Keep last night.
    -Arya- for someone who doesn't 'fear death', she sure tucked tail and ran. How many times did she 'die' while running in the streets during last nights episode???
    -Dothraki/Unsullied- obliterated against the NK, and all of sudden there were hundreds (thousands?) of them last night? ***?? Plausible acceptability at its finest.
    -Euron and his fleet- pinpoint accuracy last week. This week, nah- scorpions got a 100% nerf. Not to mentions the fact that Dani runs from a handful of ships last week, but takes out his entire armada this week? Makes sense... I mean, you would think someone like Eruon (a legendary marine battle strategist) would be smart enough to arrange his ships in a formation to prevent attacks from all sides. Then again, just about EVERY battle this season has been led by baboon writers, err, 'strategists'.
    -Build up Cersei like the most twisted villain- gets to be 'evil' all of 15 minutes this season and taken out by a brick.
    -Jon. Lord of Light must be wondering why the heck he brought this dude back. Useless against the NK, and if anything, the main reason Dani went insane. What have we learned from this? If your girl is needing some lovin', do whatever it takes to please her or thousands will die!!
    -Prophecy? what was the point. It's like the writers read every possible theory/prediction and said "let's do the opposite".

I could go on and on. Point is, good writers actually build main character plots so that they ultimately have some 'valuable' purpose in the end. This is why people love Arya so much. We saw what she went through, and she brought value to her character development by killing Frey and the NK. Cersei was hated so much because of how she used her vile and cunning wits to keep her family in power. What has been the value of Jon, Tyrion, Jamie, Brienne, Sansa, Gendry, etc... this season? Nothing. None of these main characters (living or dead) in this season have had added any real value to their development. Dani going 'insane' and killing thousands of innocents does not add any value. So who kills her? Arya- the hero again?

Yes, I nerd out on this show, and this is just my opinion as a fan. And FTR, it is still entertaining- so need for the TBH 'dude lighten up' squad to get their panties in a wad. I actually felt whoever did the directing for last night's episode did an outstanding job! It was the only thing that saved a subpar script. Clegane Bowl was superb!
    I'm gonna wait till after next weeks series finale for my final thoughts, but I agree with you on a lot of your points.

In the case of Dany, I don't think we should be too surprised she went crazy. She is the daughter of the mad king, it's well documented that Targs have the crazy gene and the show has been taking her in that direction since last season. Martin himself likes characters switching from good to bad, bad to good, this might be the same outcome in the books as far as Dany goes? If we ever get the books? I would love to know how much input Martin has had in the final 3 seasons? I did read he was NOT happy about how Rhaegal died.
    Attached Files

Comment

I’m not too critical in the writing, plot, or production. I actually enjoy that things are actually happening. In previous seasons the story line would barely advance. I enjoy the entertainment of it all and I don’t get caught up in ripping it all apart.

Comment

Sooooooo..
        A Major plot flaw proving "weak writing"...in a story involving walking dead, dragons, magical trees, and 40 story ice wall, giants, nekkid blonde chick who can walk through fire, a monster zombie creating by injecting chemicals, guys turning into 3 eyed birds, a guy getting stabbed 30 times and brought back to life by a chick who was older than time itself, and sam getting laid.... is...
        "He took two stabbings to his lungs!! Howd he climb that castle???"
        Last edited by systemnt; 05-13-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Sooooooo..
          A Major plot flaw proving "weak writing"...in a story involving walking dead, dragons, magical trees, and 40 story ice wall, giants, nekkid blonde chick who can walk through fire, a monster zombie creating by injecting chemicals, guys turning into 3 eyed birds, a guy getting stabbed 30 times and brought back to life by a chick who was older than time itself, and sam getting laid.... is...
          "He took two stabbings to his lungs!! Howd he climb that castle???"

He also climbed back down [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Writing is weak. Almost all of the main character arcs in development for the past 7 years were pointless. "Let's just make these characters 'switch' personalities in one season". Lame. It's like they handed the ball over to a bunch of hormonal 6th graders and moved on to Star Wars.

-Tyrion was truly clever and an amazing negotiator through season 6. Now- a bumbling idiot who keeps making one mistake after another. He should have been killed 2 seasons ago.
            -Build up Jaime to accept his flaws and try and be a good person, only to say "nah, bruh, I'm full of hate like my sister" and split. Nice how he took a few stabs to the kidneys and lung, yet made it all the way up to get his sister. Awesome writing!
            -Build up the Golden Company like it is one of the greatest armies in history- only to have them decimated in one blow. Much like how the Dothraki were 'supposedly' taken out against the NK. lol
            -Build up Brienne like she's some strong, virtuous fighter- only to have her turn into a sniveling teenager who lost her first bf.
            -Bran- pointless character development and useless in the end. What is the value of being the Three-Eyed Raven? Other than mind-melting poor Hodor. We only needed Sam to read about Jon in the books to accomplish the same darn thing regarding Jon's lineage. The writers should have just killed Bran with the fall in season 1 and then had Arya push Jamie and Cersei out of a window from the Red Keep last night.
            -Arya- for someone who doesn't 'fear death', she sure tucked tail and ran. How many times did she 'die' while running in the streets during last nights episode???
            -Dothraki/Unsullied- obliterated against the NK, and all of sudden there were hundreds (thousands?) of them last night? ***?? Plausible acceptability at its finest.
            -Euron and his fleet- pinpoint accuracy last week. This week, nah- scorpions got a 100% nerf. Not to mentions the fact that Dani runs from a handful of ships last week, but takes out his entire armada this week? Makes sense... I mean, you would think someone like Eruon (a legendary marine battle strategist) would be smart enough to arrange his ships in a formation to prevent attacks from all sides. Then again, just about EVERY battle this season has been led by baboon writers, err, 'strategists'.
            -Build up Cersei like the most twisted villain- gets to be 'evil' all of 15 minutes this season and taken out by a brick.
            -Jon. Lord of Light must be wondering why the heck he brought this dude back. Useless against the NK, and if anything, the main reason Dani went insane. What have we learned from this? If your girl is needing some lovin', do whatever it takes to please her or thousands will die!!
            -Prophecy? what was the point. It's like the writers read every possible theory/prediction and said "let's do the opposite".

I could go on and on. Point is, good writers actually build main character plots so that they ultimately have some 'valuable' purpose in the end. This is why people love Arya so much. We saw what she went through, and she brought value to her character development by killing Frey and the NK. Cersei was hated so much because of how she used her vile and cunning wits to keep her family in power. What has been the value of Jon, Tyrion, Jamie, Brienne, Sansa, Gendry, etc... this season? Nothing. None of these main characters (living or dead) in this season have had added any real value to their development. Dani going 'insane' and killing thousands of innocents does not add any value. So who kills her? Arya- the hero again?

Yes, I nerd out on this show, and this is just my opinion as a fan. And FTR, it is still entertaining- so need for the TBH 'dude lighten up' squad to get their panties in a wad. I actually felt whoever did the directing for last night's episode did an outstanding job! It was the only thing that saved a subpar script. Clegane Bowl was superb!
            I find that hard to believe.

Did Dany not go crazy due to the beheading of Melisandre? He last words told Dany what to do.

Comment

A Game Of Thrones

Excellent watch. Except they are obviously lazy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9QQMXTftY"]Game of Thrones | Season 8 Episode 5 | Game Revealed (HBO) - YouTube[/ame]
              Last edited by Smart; 05-13-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Excellent watch. Except they are obviously lazy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Game of Thrones | Season 8 Episode 5 | Game Revealed (HBO) - YouTube

Story lines have gotten lazy not the effort put into filming... apples to oranges

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                  I'm gonna wait till after next weeks series finale for my final thoughts, but I agree with you on a lot of your points.

In the case of Dany, I don't think we should be too surprised she went crazy. She is the daughter of the mad king, it's well documented that Targs have the crazy gene and the show has been taking her in that direction since last season. Martin himself likes characters switching from good to bad, bad to good, this might be the same outcome in the books as far as Dany goes? If we ever get the books? I would love to know how much input Martin has had in the final 3 seasons? I did read he was NOT happy about how Rhaegal died.
                  Rhaegal is named after John's Father.

Vyserion named after Vyseris a weak dragon.

Drogon after Khal Drogo.

I think Rhaegal and Jon have a lot more screen time together in the books.

I also feel like there are a lot more wolves alive at the end... say a pack of 1000 led by Nymeria, Shaggydog, Summer and Ghost to fight the dead?

Comment

A Game Of Thrones

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    Story lines have gotten lazy not the effort put into filming... apples to oranges

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]..... of course . Wouldn’t expect any less.

watch it. It changed my perspective a bit listening to the writers in it. .... much better explanation of why they did some of the things they did.

Comment

Martin himself likes characters switching from good to bad, bad to good, this might be the same outcome in the books as far as Dany goes? .

They talk a little about folks switching from good to bad and bad to good in the video I shared....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        They talk a little about folks switching from good to bad and bad to good in the video I shared....
                        Its like people forgot they were ****** about the red wedding...

Deaths in the middle of a series hurt more because you would have had more time with them.

Effectively everyone dies in 78 more minutes at this point so a death doesnt mean much.

I have a feeling they'll get over it.

I also have a feeling if GRRM ever finishes the books they will be 5 times better.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                          I find that hard to believe.

Did Dany not go crazy due to the beheading of Melisandre? He last words told Dany what to do.
                          Melisandre wondered of from Winterfell and died after she took off her necklace. Missandei told Dany to light it up before she was executed.

I think the Mad Queen was under stress from 1) Jorahs death 2) Missandeis death 3) Rhaegals death 4) finding out JS is her nephew 5) JS not obeying her and telling sisters about the Targ. thing 6) JS not wanting to continue romance because of the Aunt thing. 7) things not going her way since coming to Westeros

BTW - Varys was right! Pretty sure he was sending out Ravens, Errrbody knows about Aegon. Vary's last actions may have saved the Realm?

Tyrion is the new Lord of Casterly Rock.....if Dany doesn't kill him for letting Jaime free.
                          Last edited by Birddog66; 05-13-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Melisandre wondered of from Winterfell and died after she took off her necklace. Missandei told Dany to light it up before she was executed.

I think the Mad Queen was under stress from 1) Jorahs death 2) Missandeis death 3) Rhaegals death 4) finding out JS is her nephew 5) JS not obeying her and telling sisters about the Targ. thing 6) JS not wanting to continue romance because of the Aunt thing. 7) things not going her way since coming to Westeros

I get that... i get even destroying the red keep what i don’t understand is destroying EVERYTHING.....

Comment

Yeah, I got their names mixed up. I'm more of a casual observer of the show. Missandei put her over the edge.

Comment

[

I also have a feeling if GRRM ever finishes the books they will be 5 times better.[/QUOTE]

I bet he has them finished at least winds of winter , and HBO told them don't release them before the show is over
                                Mainly to stop the book nerds from going I already know what happens LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X