GoPro Wood Duck Nest Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoPro Wood Duck Nest Video

I was shooting my bow behind the house the other evening, when I saw a wood duck come up from the river. Sure enough she shot right into a hole about 20' up a tree. I rigged up my GoPro camera and was able to get some cool shots of her on the nest. I wasn't even sure she was in there at first, but she definitely has a nest and at least one egg that I could see on the video. She came back to the nest shortly after I got out of there. I hope to catch her leaving and continue to get some footage while she's out of the nest. I think it would be pretty cool to get the babies on video. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4penDrsOjXQ"]GoPro Wood Duck Nest - YouTube[/ame]

that's cool

Comment

That is sweet!

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

super cool!!

Comment

Cool

Comment

Nice! Thanks for putting that together and sharing.
              Lesto!!

Comment

Subscribed! Gotta see how this turns out!

Comment

That's cool! You got an all natural duck box in your back yard!

BTW, yoyu have a very nice back yard too!

Bisch

Comment

Thx guys. I hope this works out. I'm not sure how often I can get away with getting some footage. I guess I'll have to spend some time watching during the day and have everything ready to go when she leaves the nest. From what I've read, they don't stay in the nest very long after they hatch, roughly 24 hours!!!

Comment

Great video!

Comment

Now that's just plain dang cool!!!!

Comment

Cool video. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Very cool thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by jbird77 View Post
                              Thx guys. I hope this works out. I'm not sure how often I can get away with getting some footage. I guess I'll have to spend some time watching during the day and have everything ready to go when she leaves the nest. From what I've read, they don't stay in the nest very long after they hatch, roughly 24 hours!!!
                              What about a video trail camera on a camera arm? If you could rig up something that was there all the time, you might be able to capture a lot of video without disturbing them very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X