Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I rarely post.....
    I have been here since the early 2000s. Not sure what year. Went to one pre-Bownanza party in South College Station. Think it was at one of the managers of Tom Light Chevy (it wasn't Jerry's house). Had way too much fun that night and didn't make it out of bed that next day, so I missed the actual Bownanza.

I still enjoy following along with all of my internet friends, even though my wife thinks I am weird.

Remember doing a TBH express of a small TV for Dusty Britches to North San Antonio. My wife (girlfriend at the time) kept asking me " You are going to do what, and how do you know these people...."

One of my favorite videos is of Stolle getting attacked by the doe in his pop-up and Bowwiz's hog adventure with the boot on his foot

Comment

Oh we used to act up when the grown ups were at Nanza in the pre-smart phone days.

I think of Roark just about every time I log on. I wonder where he is and if he is ok. Don't know why but I do.

I loved reading Devin's posts of Blaine's hunts. When Blaine passed it hurt. I remember crying and haveing to explaine to my wife why I was crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I joined a little over 9 years ago in early '04.

My brother in law "Treylog" sent me a link to a project where Michael was converting an old shipping container into a hunting cabin.
        I was here before that but missed that build. Sure would like to find hat thread now!

I got a few VE's but never saw the Chunky.

Comment

Y'all might think this is crazy but back in early 01 or 02 I didn't kill a deer till I got a digital camera. I wasn't going to kill anything if I couldn't post a LDP.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Drake's alter ego "ToroJohn" was one of my favorite runs on TBH. Not to mention "Nightstalker" Ol "Nightstalker" which I guess was Breck goofin off, told AggieBowman he was gonna gather up all his friends and come whip his butt.....to which Jason replied "big ones line-up, little ones bunch up!" One of my all time favorite lines.... along with "left eye dominate home protection, courtesy half cocked nit-wit", from Legdog.

Remember "Anonymous" posts?
            Love these memories!

Comment

I joined in 2006. Not sure what I did with my spare time before then. Lol

Comment

...and the biggest meltdown in TBH history award goes to........Mesquite Country. LOL.

The insiders begged him to come back. For the life of me I don't know why...oh wait, yes I do. Bwahahahajajajajaja.

That was epic.

Comment

First threads I remember were about the GBOT, and Rudey and Devin having a running joke about some red panties. That was way back before the screen was green.
                  Remember when Double Bull first started, and Michael was a dealer?
                  That was when I first heard of PayPal

Comment

2003 I believe. I had just got promoted to detective and was working night shift. I had shot my first hog with a bow and was looking for a bowhunting site to show off my pic. I started out as "Fugitvehunter" (a reference to being a warrant detective) and later changed it to Chew. Lots of fond memories. Lots of good friends. Lots of funny stuff. Where else can you go on group hunts with strangers and have a blast, sell chinchillas and barbie jeeps on the classified, and get Brother Bill to buy a Henway, sight unseen because it's such a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      2003 I believe. I had just got promoted to detective and was working night shift. I had shot my first hog with a bow and was looking for a bowhunting site to show off my pic. I started out as "Fugitvehunter" (a reference to being a warrant detective) and later changed it to Chew. Lots of fond memories. Lots of good friends. Lots of funny stuff. Where else can you go on group hunts with strangers and have a blast, sell chinchillas and barbie jeeps on the classified, and get Brother Bill to buy a Henway, sight unseen because it's such a good deal.
                      lmao Bobby!!
                      And I remember when we shot little dink deer cause it's all we could. Then came TCHA!!

Comment

Been here since 2001, I think. Tuthdoc steered me over here from another forum to read an elk hunt story. I've made a lot of friends through TBH over the years. Lot's of memories and great stuff. I still think Breck's javelina kicking video is one of the funniest/favorite things I've seen.

Comment

i need to see this javi kicking video!

Comment

I remember arguing with multiple people on here about my motorcycle stunt riding. Lol I was such a tough guy!

Comment

Been on since before the crash, probly '03 I'm guessing. Feel like I know some of you folks, even though I've only met a few of you. Have enjoyed all the stories and hope to meet more of you fine folks farther down the line.

Comment

One of the first issues I remember Michael having to resolve was the overuse of the phrase "What, are you high?". I believe his quote was "This has just about run its course". He banned the use of the phrase.

Rotag indirectly got me on the site; I heard about pics he had posted of a buck he killed from a co-worker (PJ, Steve). I began lurking then joined a short time later.
                                I was on night shift and had lots of time to post.

Comment

Working...
                                X