No announcement yet.

Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I joined in either 03 or 04. Went on my first group hunt in either 04 or 05 at Thompson Temples with Jeremy, Stins, Birkdog, TxRattler and a few others I don't remember.

A few of my favorites are the Wildman LDP with the live ram and the trailer ramp that Jaspro built for Humper.

I also remember back before smartphones made posting from the woods easy. Mondays would be an awesome day full of new threads from all the hunts the weekend before.

Comment

I think I joined in 2000

Comment

Been here sine 2001 I think. The screen was white when I joined. Not sure if the is any way to check or not. I believe I received the very first Velvet Elvis ever awarded There was a list of everyone who got one on here at one point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
          Wasn't it Cameron who had the epic "cross-over, ankle-bustin', roundball moves" he put on at 'Nanza?
          Yep I think he was play Legdog at one of the early ones back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Drake's alter ego "ToroJohn" was one of my favorite runs on TBH. Not to mention "Nightstalker" Ol "Nightstalker" which I guess was Breck goofin off, told AggieBowman he was gonna gather up all his friends and come whip his butt.....to which Jason replied "big ones line-up, little ones bunch up!" One of my all time favorite lines.... along with "left eye dominate home protection, courtesy half cocked nit-wit", from Legdog.

Remember "Anonymous" posts?
            I loved anonymous posts. I would use them to stir the pot often!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
              I had about 3 days of my alter-ego "THE POPE." My profile pic was some mentally handicapped dude, standing in front of a soda machine with a plastic Walmart bag stuck over his head with a huge sharpie message that simply read "THE POPE."

Here's Toro John's profile pic. Richard Petty was the theme and man was that some funny stuff!

Toro John was some good stuff back then. Was the Pope about the time you entered the video contest with a still picture slide show?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                I loved anonymous posts. I would use them to stir the pot often!
                I forgot about those.

Comment

I got to thinking...I know..not a good thing for me to do...but, this will be #11 Bownanza, so....I've been here a while!

Comment

This thread is bringing back some very fond memories for sure. I think I got here in 04. Maybe 03 but I think 04.
                    Seems I had 11 VE's (which I cherished very much) before the big crash along with a few BZs. Thanks Rob!! If you got a Bravo Zulu you knew you had made it.
                    I also had made P&Y in record time as the company I worked for at the time was going belly up and we would work 8 hours a day doing nothing but surfing. So TBH it was...

So many are no longer here. Roark, Kendra, Junebug, Gena and the ones who have passed. TxRattler, Tuthdoc, Jaspro, Blaine, Conchoman and many more.
                    I have laughed and cried more here than just about at any other point in my life.
                    One of the most touching videos I have ever seen was JT and his son. The funniest is a tossup between Breck's pig kicking and Wiz gettin his arse kicked by a pig...
                    Thanks for lettin me join in.

Comment

Yep
                      Anonymous post, rating post, VEs and BZs. The good ole days...

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                        I wanna say I joined in 2001 and really wanted to be annointed with the coveted "Velvet Elvis" like the "clique" had been.

Come to think of it, I still shoot the SQ2 that brought me to TBH while researching it...
                        Forgot about the Velvet Elvis. Way back........

Comment

Buckrider told me about this site in 2000 out at Mesquite Archery Club. I did not have a computer. I would go to the library to check on TBH.com. The only reason I bought a computer was to be able to check on TBH at home.......hardcore TBHer for 13+ years now.

Comment

Since 04 or 5. Very seldom post, but have enjoyed all the stories, characters and even the sad times. Great bunch of folks!
                            JB

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              Buckrider told me about this site in 2000 out at Mesquite Archery Club. I did not have a computer. I would go to the library to check on TBH.com. The only reason I bought a computer was to be able to check on TBH at home.......hardcore TBHer for 13+ years now.
                              and the North vs South 3D tournament at Mesquite and HCB were great times. You should try to get them going again!

Comment

I started here back in '99. There has been several crazy people come and go. A lot of good folks here.

I have meet a handfull of memebers. I introduced myself as Hlope to Casey at one of the WWWA get togeters at Farmdogs. He was speachless. You had to be here durring the Hlope and Doggie Bonz area to know why.

I was on dial up when I first started as well but it was no big deal cause most threads stayed on the first page for days. I also remember the home brew trail cams. Breck was always building cool stuff. I even bought a tripod from him. When his "Javalina Punt" pops up, I think its cool that I know him. I also remember the video of Casey shooting the pack rat with his bow. Try watching videos on dial up.

Yes watching Ben and Cameron grow up makes me feel old.

The people we have lost over the last couple of years hurt. I felt like I had lost a family member.

Comment

Working...
                                X