Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
    what happened to Spur?
    He's still here. Mostly on facebook these days.

Bownanza II from 2004 (music stripped by youtube)

Comment

A few months later we lost him.

Comment

A dear friend for many - Jason

Miss you Brother P!

Last edited by AtTheWall; 09-12-2014, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I took a trip down memory lane a few weeks ago when I boxed up and sent out all my old "Bownanza" shirts from when I was still in TX. Even made the trip from CO the first few years I was up here, but as the site grew and my interests evolved, I eventually stopped making the pilgrimmage . As I recall, for the first 3 Bownanzas I showed up with 3 different young ladies.....man sometimes I am glad my wilder days are behind me! I still remember stumbling onto the site in the summer of 2001 and reading the rantings of Doggiebonez, and some other folks ya don't see anymore and thinking "wow, a bunch of people with senses of humor just as messed up as mine...I am HOME!" LOL!

Comment

It looks like I am a youngster on this site but I have great memories of TBH. I have met and become great freinds with some. My boy in my avatar is now a second year student at Texas A&M so if is safe to say my kids on grown up on this site as well.

Dont change a thing!

Comment

Casey in Mexico with Heath after a huge whitewing hunt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	casey and heath.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	24329569

Casey cools down at the San Pedro (2003) while Trey strums one out.

Name:	cool casey.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	24329570

The first year the Whitewing Attacked

Name:	jason birds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	379.8 KB
ID:	24329571
              Last edited by Legdog; 09-12-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Think I joined in 2001. Made it to 1 nanza and keep saying I will go again but life just gets busy and I have to enjoy nanza through pics instead of in person. Have met some really good people on here, Legdog, Heath, Ben and others out at Ben parents place. Things have definitely changed over the years but all things do and I still really enjoy the site just cant post that often.

Comment

I started college at A&M in fall of 2000 and had alot of spare time that I should have been studying. Texasbowhunter keep me from getting home sick. I still have the first bownanza t-shirt. Lots of lurking.

Memory Lane:
                  -Michael's turkey decoy attacked by mt lion video
                  -Ben mudding in his pond with 4 wheeler and not seeing any deer thread
                  -Ben and Legdog's hog with horns
                  -broadhead in skull photos with circle of skull removed
                  -built d380 in a pelican case along with everyone else
                  -Bone ranch breeder buck shot opening day of gun season with ear tag in each ear
                  -Breck's climbing stand on telephone pole with cactus stuffed in the foot rail
                  -the Mutt build
                  -Video of Heath's buck from old house at Ben's place was awesome
                  -Legdog gave me a VE for "doing it in public" Aransas Refuge 11 pt public land kill 2001ish.

Comment

Been here pre crash. I've meet several friends here and introduced a few more peeps to the site.
                    Learned tons of things and found two lease on here.
                    Tooth doc was one of the best.
                    I would absorb everything he wrote about.

This is a great site and has stayed true over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      I was trolling for most of 2006, joined just b4, and/or right after the crash. I bet I'm one of the few, new members at the crash- that wasn't a member b4, and still a 10 point.

Found TBH looking for information on hunting Corp of Engineer land. Met a guy, still on TBH (he knows) that set me straight. Still count him as a friend, as well as a few others I've met with BH Ed activites and GTG's. Still want to make a Bownanza, just hasn't worked out over the years.

Best group of folks around, IMO.
                      I Joined in 2005 before the last crash and still a ten point myself. By the way I was with that TBH'er when we first meet you in the back scouting and your were on your bike with your friend.

I remember alot of good stuff
                      Video of Stolle with spike crashing into the homemade blind was hilarious.
                      The Javi punt by breck
                      Bowiz video in a barn trying to stick a hog
                      Bike girl
                      The story of roping a deer was hilarious
                      When we all had signatures under our posts automatically before getting to big
                      Ben's famous wind mill stand speedgoat hunt
                      I missed the wildman video on spider bites and gun powder because it was deleted before I got home. We didn't have phones with internet to look at all day at work back then.
                      Last edited by switchback; 09-13-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Some of my closest friends were a direct result of this place

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
                          Some of my closest friends were a direct result of this place
                          X2

Comment

Working...
                          X