Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was trolling for most of 2006, joined just b4, and/or right after the crash. I bet I'm one of the few, new members at the crash- that wasn't a member b4, and still a 10 point.

Found TBH looking for information on hunting Corp of Engineer land. Met a guy, still on TBH (he knows) that set me straight. Still count him as a friend, as well as a few others I've met with BH Ed activites and GTG's. Still want to make a Bownanza, just hasn't worked out over the years.

Best group of folks around, IMO.

Comment

I remember when there was no more than 1-200 members online at a time and 2-3000 members.

TBH is a great place.

Some come, some go. By far it's my most visited forum.

Comment

Nice to hear from you, Joe! Don't be a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I was just thinking, if you are still hunting near Graham, we may have to get together for a cold one some weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Dale, That's what I was think-n when I saw his post above. Howdy Joe!

This thread makes me sighhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

2001, the year we moved to Singapore and I had to have some sort of link to the hunting we were missing back here. I even became the night time moderator because of that rowdy nightshift posting and we were 13 hrs ahead in Singapore so it was the middle of the day for me.
              We would come back every year from mid November until the end of the year to hunt and socialize. Then fly back again in the spring just for Bownanaza, twice getting off of a 24hr trip and driving straight into Bryan.
              TBH was part of what made it bearable to leave overseas for a few years, yet still remain connected.
              Made one of first 10 awarded 10 VE's ! Used to be like a small family.

Stuffed beavers, 487 pound hogs and ICQ messaging.

And spun texasrodbenders off of tbh for a few years.
              Last edited by djs; 10-30-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I wasn't here in the beginning... but I got here as soon as I could! I joined best I can remember in 2003. I was new again to bow hunting. I didn't post a lot then, and still don't, but I enjoy lurking. It's hard to keep up these days with all that is posted. I managed to join in on what I believe was one of the first happy hours at a place called Blondie's that used to be here n Seabrook. I got to meet some fine folks like Michael, Casey, and Tuthdoc along with plenty others.

Comment

Its different

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Dale, That's what I was think-n when I saw his post above. Howdy Joe!

This thread makes me sighhhhhhhhhhh!
                      That's what its here for Mike

Comment

I am long in the tooth when it comes to post count, but short on the campfire friends. I never have been a conformist, though I genuinely like most of the folks on here. Great place to come to when you need a pick me up

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                          I wanna say I joined in 2001 and really wanted to be annointed with the coveted "Velvet Elvis" like the "clique" had been.

Come to think of it, I still shoot the SQ2 that brought me to TBH while researching it...
                          and you've had the same avatar for almost as long. Not that I'm complaining at all. I can appreciate a good mug of beer as much as the next guy (or gal).

I've been around the site for 10 or more years. I recall being on the site just before it went to a temporary camouflage background, which I don't remember lasting very long. Shortly after that, we were forced to create new screen names too at some point. I think that was around some kind of Webserver upgrade or something. I think Michael may have been the only site moderator too at that time.

I also remember there being a time when we had a few users that shot one of the Renegade line of bows. The Nugebow, or Alpha-1 I think it was.

Edit: just realized this is an 'oldish' thread.
                          Last edited by TimH; 09-11-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

MHBaseball (or something dang close to that). I think he was post-crash but was a dumpster fire.

Comment

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsByJy9wB-I"]The Old Gray Mare - YouTube[/ame]

Yep.... just ain't what it used to be

Comment

Working...
                                X