Lampasas----Quality & Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lampasas----Quality & Quantity

Can anyone tell me the quality and quantity of deer/bucks in the Lampasas area?

Thanks!

I take it you got the job?

Comment

A buddy of mine hunts on a place that is a couple thousand acres or so. They have a good age structure which means a good number of mature bucks. The top end has been the 130s on his place. They dont protein feed so pretty much a native herd. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I take it you got the job?
        Not yet....The interview is tomorrow. I have a offer to come hunt for free. A buddy of mine has 1500 acres and he's the only one that hunts the property.
        Last edited by bowsticker; 02-10-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

A buddy of mines dad shot a 170"+ buck on his place. He's got pics of other young ones in the 140-150 range.

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
            A buddy of mines dad shot a 170"+ buck on his place. He's got pics of other young ones in the 140-150 range.
            Very nice...

Comment

Smaller deer body wise, decent size bucks, tons...TONS of deer numbers wise

Comment

my dad and brother hunt a 200 acre lease in lometa, last 4 years biggest buck is around 120, but lots of them that size, i think they just feed corn.....low fence, and they don't have any hogs?????fox and turkey, alot of these..

Comment

I took a 110-120 buck off my dad's 20 acre low fence in 2010. My experience over the last few years was that we had way more does than bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                    Can anyone tell me the quality and quantity of deer/bucks in the Lampasas area?

Thanks!
                    Cool, maybe next year you can meet up with us at Storms! These are the last two I got of our place between Lampasas and Lometa. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360529777.184707.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	24169616Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360529805.943685.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	24169617Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360529825.672539.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	24169618< he was the euro on top.

Comment

Bryan, nice bucks! If everything goes through and falls into place Storm's would be a great place for a TBH gathering.

Comment

This year was tough huntin for me, the last 4-5 yrs has been deer from 120's to 140.

Comment

We hunt 2 properties close to each other total about 2k acres. I think our overall numbers were down. We didn't take any bigger deer this year. It was an unusual year. Biggest deer taken off of it was mid 50's. A 70's deer was taken a few miles from us 2 yrs ago. Good country

Comment

Sounds like its a pretty decent area. Even better if I get to hunt 1600 acres for free....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                              Sounds like its a pretty decent area. Even better if I get to hunt 1600 acres for free....LOL
                              I love it up there.....Free? Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X