No announcement yet.

Lampasas----Quality & Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Fellas, my FIL and 2 BIL are looking for a year round lease in that area. I live in San Antonio and the others live in Dallas, Abilene and Austin, so we are looking for something midway between us.

Do yall know of anything available right now?

Comment

And I'm the only bow hunter of the lot. Both wheely and recurve both trad only.

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
        Sounds like its a pretty decent area. Even better if I get to hunt 1600 acres for free....LOL
        1500 acres, NOT 1600

Comment

Originally posted by bassguy2222 View Post
          Hey Fellas, my FIL and 2 BIL are looking for a year round lease in that area. I live in San Antonio and the others live in Dallas, Abilene and Austin, so we are looking for something midway between us.

Do yall know of anything available right now?
          We have one spot open on ours but there is a waiting list.

Comment

Is it ok to talk about a place for sale on here if its mine?

Comment

I would think it'd be ok....

Comment

Originally posted by Centraltexan View Post
                This year was tough huntin for me, the last 4-5 yrs has been deer from 120's to 140.
                how come my dad's place in lometa has no hogs????? i am just wondering because they say in Tx if you don't have them you will eventually, they have hunted this lease for the past 5 years, do any of you have hogs near lampassas????

Comment

We have a.too many hogs about 10 miles south of town on 183

Comment

A lot of pigs between Adamsville and Lometa off of 581. Just wait they are coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Cully View Post
                      Whatcha got?

Comment

Originally posted by Cully View Post
                        If it's yours it's perfectly fine.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                          how come my dad's place in lometa has no hogs????? i am just wondering because they say in Tx if you don't have them you will eventually, they have hunted this lease for the past 5 years, do any of you have hogs near lampassas????
                          I hunted between Lampasas and Lometa for the first time last season. we had tons of hogs on camera all summer long and as soon as deer season rolls around they disappeared. It's not hat we just didn't see any while hunting we didn't even have any on camera. I think we had them during the soummer becasue we were feeding heavier than the folks around us. Once they started feeding I think they scattered and went to places with more water than we have.

Comment

Deer quantity is real good, small body size, average buck on my place is 120ish. I have no hogs nor do I want them, even though I know they are coming and sooner than expected. I am off 1715 and 580.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                              Deer quantity is real good, small body size, average buck on my place is 120ish. I have no hogs nor do I want them, even though I know they are coming and sooner than expected. I am off 1715 and 580.
                              I saw one cross 580 one morning during the week of Thanksgiving, about 2 miles from your place.You've got them,they just haven't found your feeder yet.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                                My dad has a place close to "lake Lometa and has seen hogs. I have also hunted hogs just outside of Lometa, and they are plentiful. I've seen hogs less than 3 miles out of lampasas in pretty much every direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X