Best Fire Ant Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txbownut View Post
    copenhagen. You sprinkle it around the mound. The worker ants will take it down to the queen. When she comes up to spit, you stomp on her!
    Best one so far!

Comment

Ortho Orthene (white stinky powder) or Bayer Fire Ant killer (no smell, in blue bottle), if you know where all the mounds are; both kill within hours the same day.

If not sure about the mounds, use Amdro, sprinkled throughout the yard, with a circle around known mounds -- it's a bait (no smell) and takes a few days to work as they gather it for a food source. Advantage is that it will take care of colonies you may not have noticed, plus it goes a long way (1-2 pounds per acre). I started using it several years ago when I only had fire ants in a driveway crack: not enough surface area for Orthene to work, but put Amdro on either side of drive, and they found it and died completely.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        Ortho Orthene (white stinky powder) or Bayer Fire Ant killer (no smell, in blue bottle), if you know where all the mounds are; both kill within hours the same day.

This is what we use, great stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What kills the big red harvester ants? I've got 2 big mounds and need them gone. Does the fire ant killer work on those?

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
            What kills the big red harvester ants? I've got 2 big mounds and need them gone. Does the fire ant killer work on those?

Post 84

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Post 84
              Sandwich sized bag? Did you mix 50:50?

Thx. I got 2 really big mounds I want gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
                Sandwich sized bag? Did you mix 50:50?

Thx. I got 2 really big mounds I want gone.

I used a gallon bag with enough material that prob could have fit in a quart. Mix it well in the bag. Treated 4 mounds. And yes. 50-50.

I just got them stirred up at their entry way and poured enough to make a circle around that entrance. Basically covered their entrance with the mixture pretty good.

Comment

I'll give it a try once it dries up a bit

Comment

Working...
                  X