Tax return question - Is it fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    Whose to say? I might think it isn't ethical, but others might not feel the same way.
    Moral relativism is a crock. It's either ethical or it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post

Can we please call a truce on the quote war

Let's do the whole quote

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
        Can we please call a truce on the quote war

Let's do the whole quote
        Absolutely!
        But when I see one (and I will, here), I will call that one out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Moral relativism is a crock. It's either ethical or it isn't.
          Based on whose standards?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            Based on whose standards?

Comment

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
              Absolutely!
              But when I see one (and I will, here), I will call that one out as well.
              I have no doubt about that You have me double checking myself, so it won't be me

Comment

Tax time really chaps my butt more and more every year.

I have a complete fix for our federal taxes but it will never be used. It's a type of flat tax. But it would require ever working person to pay tax and the Dems and Libs would never go for it.

It is 1000000000000000000% percent not right to ever get back more than one paid into a tax system. Just my opinion though.

Comment

On a side note, does anybody have a link for a 1099-misc form that I can fill in? Or can somebody email me a copy of the form that is scannable? I'm needing one but didnt realize you had to order them from the IRS online. Any help is appreciated.....

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    ^ ****, she's hammering you lol.
                    I dont think so friend! That was my first quote!

M2 - not sure why you are so set on your facts from an organization that the BBB does not grade very well!

Thomas Jefferson Foundation charity review and evaluation. Thomas Jefferson Foundation hasn’t responded to requests for information or declined to be evaluated using BBB Standards for Charity Accountability.

Seems to be kind of a shady place with shady practices.

I will stick by my quote which 9 other websites agreed he quoted it. Thanks for playing.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      Again, because I find it perfect for this.
                      Who ARE the infamous 47% anyway?

The troops – U.S. military personnel deployed to war zones are exempt from paying federal taxes on their combat pay. In addition, many states exempt military personnel from state taxes as well.

Seniors – According to the Social Security administration, 40 million American seniors receive Social Security checks each month, including 36 million retirees who paid into the program their entire working lives, 2.2 million of their spouses, and 4 million of their widows and widowers. In addition, 49.4 million American seniors are currently receiving Medicare, which is also not taxed by Uncle Sam.
                      The elderly make up HALF of the 18 million Americans who paid no federal income taxes in 2011.

Poor people with little or no health insurance – More than 62 million Americans received Medicaid in 2009, according to the Social Security Administration, and much of that assistance wemt to elderly nursing home residents, disabled children and adults, and those needing prescription drug assistance. Of the non-elderly who receive Medicaid assistance, 43 percent are white, 22 percent are black and 28 percent are Hispanic, according to StateHealthFacts.og. And among those households assisted by Medicaid, 61 percent have at least 1 working adult at home, another 16 percent have a part-time worker at home, and 24 percent have no one in the house working.

The working poor – More than 46 million Americans participated in SNAP (the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as “food stamps,”) in June 2012, according to the Food Research and Action Center. Of SNAP recipients, “33 percent (13.4 million) are white, 22 percent (8.9 million) are black, 16.7 percent (6.6 million) are Hispanic,” 47 percent (22 million) are children, so no, they don’t work; 8 percent (3.7 million) are elderly; 20 percent (9.2 million) are disabled; 5 million — or more than half — of the non-elderly adults are employed.

Disabled kids – The Social Security Administration reports there are just under 14 million Americans receiving Social Security disability benefits, many of whom are disabled adults and children.

Disabled adults – According to the Social Security Administration, nearly 5.5 million Americans receive Supplemental Security Income assistance, which the agency describes as “designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.”

Young couples with kids – Besides retirees, the next largest group of Americans who generally don’t pay federal income taxes are young, working couples with kids.

Red Staters – The largest concentration of people who pay no federal income tax reside below the Mason-Dixon line. In fact, according to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center, of the ten states with the highest rate of non-payment, only one: Idaho, is not in the former Confederate states. The reason: high concentrations of the kind of people who tend to pay no federal income taxes: the elderly, working class families with children, and people living below the poverty line.

Farmers – When it comes to getting a helping hand from Uncle Sam, nobody gets in line ahead of the American farmer — and the bigger the farm, the greater the help. In fact, large corporate agricultural firms (think Archer Daniels Midland) helped boost annual farm subsidies to a staggering $95 billion over the last five years.

Corporations – In fact, last year, 30 of America’s biggest corporations were among those who paid no taxes at all.

only 18 percent of Americans pay no taxes of any kind, and most of them are elderly or those with incomes under $20,000 per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                        I have no doubt about that You have me double checking myself, so it won't be me
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, then!

Comment

who are the infamous 47% anyway?
                          "there are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what ... Who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                            I dont think so friend! That was my first quote!

M2 - not sure why you are so set on your facts from an organization that the BBB does not grade very well!

Thomas Jefferson Foundation charity review and evaluation. Thomas Jefferson Foundation hasn’t responded to requests for information or declined to be evaluated using BBB Standards for Charity Accountability.

Seems to be kind of a shady place with shady practices.

I will stick by my quote which 9 other websites agreed he quoted it. Thanks for playing.
                            Thanks for the heads up! I will be sure not to donate funds to the folks who maintain and preserve Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello, conducts tours, and provide educational seminars about one of our greatest founding fathers.
                            After Jefferson's death, his daughter Martha Jefferson Randolph sold the property. After other owners, in 1834 it was bought by Uriah P. Levy, a commodore in the US Navy, who admired Jefferson and spent his own money to preserve the property. His nephew Jefferson Monroe Levy took over the property in 1879; he also invested considerable money to restore and preserve it. He held it until 1923, when he sold it to the Thomas Jefferson Foundation, which operates it as a house museum and educational institution. It has been designated a National Historic Landmark. In 1987 Monticello and the nearby University of Virginia, also designed by Jefferson, were together designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
                            And your 9 sites? May I know them, please? I suspect they misquote for the same purpose you did - to fit a specific purpose not otherwise found in genuine writings by Jefferson. Or they copied an pasted it from each other, like viral unsubstantiated emails?
                            Nice try, though - thank YOU for playing

Comment

I have been in the military for 9 years and made a whopping $33,000 last year. My wife is a full time college student and stay at home mom of our two young children. I would bet that I work as many hours a week as anyone else on here, and I will get back more back then I paid in on this return. Is it fair? I don't think so. Is it fair that I could double my income working in the civilian sector? Probably not. This same scenario holds true for probably 75% of the members of our armed forces. We are definetly the scum bag, bottom dwelling, lonestar card carrying, thieving criminals that most of you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Lung Shooter View Post
                                I have been in the military for 9 years and made a whopping $33,000 last year. My wife is a full time college student and stay at home mom of our two young children. I would bet that I work as many hours a week as anyone else on here, and I will get back more back then I paid in on this return. Is it fair? I don't think so. Is it fair that I could double my income working in the civilian sector? Probably not. This same scenario holds true for probably 75% of the members of our armed forces. We are definetly the scum bag, bottom dwelling, lonestar card carrying, thieving criminals that most of you are talking about.
                                God bless you and your family, Lung Shooter. Thank you for your service.
                                You and your comrades are part of the much-maligned 47%, and are in no way the "takers", and neither are the vast majority of the others who make up this silly number.
                                I just wish people understood this salient fact.
                                Be safe.
                                Last edited by M-2; 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X