Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the time. It sucks cause I have 3 kids and pay

Comment

What's the difference between a man that makes $75,000 a year with three kids, and one that makes $40,000 a year and three kids? Those three kids should take the same amount of money to raise right?

Why should the lower income get a larger return from the government, when the higher income guy paid more (I assume), and he still has three kids to feed....

Punish him because he makes more money? Isn't that what capitalism is about.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        What's the difference between a man that makes $75,000 a year with three kids, and one that makes $40,000 a year and three kids? Those three kids should take the same amount of money to raise right?

Why should the lower income get a larger return from the government, when the higher income guy paid more (I assume), and he still has three kids to feed....

How is it punishment?

Comment

Lots of good information... Sure wish the single folks got some taxe breaks

Comment

How is it not? If I pay the government $15,000 dollars and get back $500 and I have 3 kids just like you.

You pay the government $5,000 and get back $10,000... What point does that look even remotely fair? I'm sorry some people aren't as fortunate as others. No, I am not rich either. It's just the world we live in, we can't all be the Jones's and have the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              All im saying is we dont receive welfare and i work full time and pay my dues. Child credit has been around a long time and so has EIC.
              I understand your position and was not trying to ridicule you on your particular situation. Like you, many work just as hard as you do and instead of receiving a return we get a bill. I am single with no children so those types of credits obviously don't apply to me, but the burden of distributing money to those that are entitled are shouldered by few and enjoyed by many. Again, I am just making an observation and wanted to share the view from the other side of the fence.

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. -- Ronald Reagan

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

$35,000 extra would make a huge diff.

Comment

I think everyone should have some skin in the game. Imagine if the 47% that pay nothing just paid in $100 a year, would be a fairly large sum of money.

Is one thing though to have a tax liability of 0, but receiving more back than was paid in is a bunch of BS.

Comment

I will be the first to admit that when I file my taxes, I deduct everything that my CPA says is deductible (daycare, vehicle, dry cleaners, etc.) I get back a fair amount each year in taxes. But with that said, I pay in a lot to taxes.

Comment

Shouldn't get more then you paid, any more then you paid in taxes, in my book is the same as welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

46 YO white male, with 2 children still in public school, so luckily no day care needed. Rent a house and have 2 paid off vehicles over 10 years old. And you can bet your left foot, if I am allowed to use the EIC, I am going to. And I am neither an illegal immigrant, or a welfare recipient. And I a scum bag for using it legally?
                        Nope.... you aren't a scumbag

But the government has successfully convinced you that you are "entitled" to what is not yours.

If you are getting "back your change" ie you paid (for easy math) $100 in federal withhold and your taxes are $50 and you get a $50 refund, then by all means, you do DESERVE YOUR change...

But if you paid $100 in federal withhold, but you are getting $200 refund, then please explain to me how justify that?

Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right/ethical.

US tax code, redistributing wealth since 1862
                        Last edited by Playa; 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

^ Agree Playa. That extra $100 came from other tax payer's pockets, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            Nope....

But the government has successfully convinced you that you are "entitled" to what is not yours.

If you are getting "back your change" ie you paid (for easy math) $100 in federal withhold and your taxes are $50 and you get a $50 refund, then by all means, you do DESERVE YOUR change...

But if you paid $100 in federal withhold, but you are getting $200 refund, then please explain to me how justify that?

Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right/ethical.

US tax code, redistributing wealth since 1862

What is right and ethical by whose standards? Yours? Why should I be forced to live by your definition of ethics? And I am not trying to justify anything other than pointing out it is being done by ALL races and income levels, not just illegal immigrants or those on welfare already, as has been assumed by several people on this thread.

And at what point did I say I was entitled to anything? All I did was answer a question truthfully. Not my fault what the result of that answer is.
                            Last edited by bowhuntntxn; 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

^ Agree Playa. That extra $100 came from other tax payer's pockets, period.
                              Hey Was that $100 mine

Comment

Originally posted by Thundervee View Post
                                Check this out....
                                http://youtu.be/Exptf9--5nA
                                wth!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X