• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel you would fair better in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      I feel you would fair better in Canada.
      I fair just fine right here, as I always have. Thank you for your concern.

Comment

Bowhuntntxn,
        For the record our govt is a Constitutional Republic not a Democracy. I would suggest that you read up and educate yourself on our form of govt.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
          Bowhuntntxn,
          For the record our govt is a Constitutional Republic not a Democracy. I would suggest that you read up and educate yourself on our form of govt.
          It is also not a capitalist. So I may or may not be the only one whom needs to read a little. And as I said earlier, our government is founded on the principles of a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            What if people on TBH intend to use this credit and buy a bow with it? And do you honestly think that if someone told you to check this box and double your return, you wouldn't do it?

The EIC is not a new thing. It has been around for a very long time. And people of all colors, race, ethnicity, religion and financial standing have been using and abusing it for years and years.

If you are not getting it maybe you need a better tax person.
            And if getting a large tax return is such a bad thing, why is no one complaining about the television commercials where they vow to get you the largest return possible?
            It has nothing to do with my tax professional. It has to do with the fact that I got my degree, WORKED my *** off to get it, continue to WORK my *** off everyday, and EARN my income, but I still do not get to claim the EARNED income credit, because I make too much money. If they are going to give it, then they need to give it to everyone who has a job, EARNING their income.

Nothing to do with who I choose to do my taxes.

Quick question, did you vote for obama?

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTING_COACH View Post
              It has nothing to do with my tax professional. It has to do with the fact that I got my degree, WORKED my *** off to get it, continue to WORK my *** off everyday, and EARN my income, but I still do not get to claim the EARNED income credit, because I make too much money. If they are going to give it, then they need to give it to everyone who has a job, EARNING their income.

Nothing to do with who I choose to do my taxes.

Quick question, did you vote for obama?
              No I did not. In either election.

And I like you worked my tail off for my degree, and work for every penny I make. It just happens to be less than what you make. Am I bitter about that? Not one tiny little bit. I operate within the boundaries I have, and don't worry about what others have or do not have.

Fair is an illusion that no one will attain.
              Last edited by bowhuntntxn; 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Fify
                Maybe I'm confused how am I thinking only of myself? Maybe you should go back and read the whole thread...

Comment

It is also not a capitalist. So I may or may not be the only one whom needs to read a little. And as I said earlier, our government is founded on the principles of a democracy.
                  Did you state that you had a degree?

Comment

Yes. What does that change?

Comment

Some people are so open minded that when they speak all they hear are echoes.....just saying.

Comment

Yes. What does that change?
                        [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KFXuGIpsdE0#"]Republic vs Democracy - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Based on whose standards?
                          Seriously, did you ask that? You should have been taught that at a young age that taking something that is not yours is stealing, especially if you did not EARN it.

I fair just fine right here, as I always have. Thank you for your concern.
                          If I was in your shoes, I would fair just fine too, being that I am getting other people's money, and not earning it. Being given to me, from the government, because of a loophole. Still not right or fair, regardless of what you fair means to you, in your narrow minded brain.

But I could not feel fine about it, because of how I was raised and the morals and ethics that were instilled in me at a young age, by my parents. I was taught that taking something that is not yours, is stealing, no matter how you got it, even if their is a loophole that allows it. It is not mine, I did not EARN it, so therefore, I dont deserve it. I am not entitled to it, just because someone says that it is ok for me to pay in $1000 and get back $2000.

And yes, it does **** me off to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTING_COACH View Post
                            Seriously, did you ask that? You should have been taught that at a young age that taking something that is not yours is stealing, especially if you did not EARN it.

If I was in your shoes, I would fair just fine too, being that I am getting other people's money, and not earning it. Being given to me, from the government, because of a loophole. Still not right or fair, regardless of what you fair means to you, in your narrow minded brain.

But I could not feel fine about it, because of how I was raised and the morals and ethics that were instilled in me at a young age, by my parents. I was taught that taking something that is not yours, is stealing, no matter how you got it, even if their is a loophole that allows it. It is not mine, I did not EARN it, so therefore, I dont deserve it. I am not entitled to it, just because someone says that it is ok for me to pay in $1000 and get back $2000.

And yes, it does **** me off to no end.
                            This isn't really a question of morals here. Because you can tell me with 100% certainty that if you were eligible for the EIC, you would choose not to use it? And what would you do if your tax professional checked the box for you, and your return was larger than you expected? Would you return the money with a note saying you were over paid?

I have stolen nothing from you. Your government has. It is merely coincidence that I happen to be eligible for something you are not.

So don't hate the players, hate the game.

Comment

This isn't really a question of morals here. Because you can tell me with 100% certainty that if you were eligible for the EIC, you would choose not to use it? And what would you do if your tax professional checked the box for you, and your return was larger than you expected? Would you return the money with a note saying you were over paid?

I have stolen nothing from you. Your government has. It is merely coincidence that I happen to be eligible for something you are not.

So don't hate the players, hate the game.
                              I think it's fair to say that your moral compass points in a different direction than mine. I dont qualify for EIC so its a moot point for me to dive into what i would do. It is more than fair (sorry to use this word again) however to hate the players when they capitalize on loopholes for personal gain, albeit lawful.

Comment

Working...
                              X