Tax return question - Is it fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
    The wife and I were coming out of Academy one day and a fifty dollar bill was on the ground right by the doors. Didn't know who's it was, but we did not keep it. Went back in and gave it to the Mgr.
    Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
    If you are trying to make a correlation of finding money laying on the ground and getting something that you receive from the labor of others is ridiculous even if the govt says its legal. Just cause it may be legal dont make it right or fair.

If i saw someone drop 100.00 that was unaware and i knew that it belonged to someone else? Of course it wouldn't be right, fair or legal. Would it be legal, fair or right if I did not know who dropped it? Yes

By you comparing the two is really all I need to know.

You need to look up these words.
    Fair.
    Right.
    Legal.
    They are not all the same.
    If you saw someone drop $100 that was unaware, keeping the money wouldn't be right, but it wouldn't be illegal either.

If I walk out of Academy and see money on the ground, I'm keeping it though. Would I feel guilty, not one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      FAIR is subjective. Because what YOU think is fair may or may not be the same as what someone else defines FAIR as. So in your world, your belief of what is fair is how YOU live. And in my world, my definition is what I go by. They may conflict but that is ok. Because I am not condemning you for your definition, if you would do the same for me.

Please do not ever invite me to your world, for fear that I may lose my sanity.

Comment

Last edited by Jaybo31; 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
          If I walk out of Academy and see money on the ground, I'm keeping it though. Would I feel guilty, not one bit.

To each is own!

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
          Thomas Jefferson

I love quotes and LOVE to see them placed in threads, from our FOUNDING Fathers!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            FAIR is subjective. Because what YOU think is fair may or may not be the same as what someone else defines FAIR as. So in your world, your belief of what is fair is how YOU live. And in my world, my definition is what I go by. They may conflict but that is ok. Because I am not condemning you for your definition, if you would do the same for me.
            haha, i seen this answer coming. Your good with words, but "good" is again subjective and possibly even biased

Comment

AS far as 'fair'..IMO..it is easy to figure fair..if U look back and see what this thread was about....

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                To each is own!

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
                Thomas Jefferson

I love quotes and LOVE to see them placed in threads, from our FOUNDING Fathers!
                We have something in common! I *love* Founding Fathers quotes...as long as they are GENUINE.

The quote you posted is also fake.

Comment

^ ****, she's hammering you lol.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    ^ ****, she's hammering you lol.
                    lol isn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      If you think people with large incomes pay less in tax than you or I do, you're misinformed. They pay a LOT of money in taxes. Phil Mickelson wouldn't be talking about leaving California if that weren't true. He's rich enough to afford the best CPAs and lawyers in the country. He still pays a LOT of money in taxes.
                      I agree the top earners in the US pay a disproportionate share of the taxes.

Mickelson will pay the same federal taxes whever he lives. It's the 13.3% marginal tax rate that he pays to California in state income taxe (increased after Prop 30 passed) that is what he'd save moving to a state with no state income tax. The nice weather and no mosquitos is only worth so much to people.

Comment

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
                        M-2: Absolutely. No fraud at all.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------

And to Darton:
                        You posted this:
                        A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson never said this. The first recorded print version of this statement is from 1953.
                        It irks me to constantly see quotes by Founding Fathers posted here - things they never said. Points CAN be made without putting words in the mouths of our nation's founders. Thanks.
                        You are correct, it was a misquote from one of Jeffersons quotes. I apologize for irking you in my statement and find it obvious that many of our views on this topic don't sit well with you. So, I guess the real question is, are you unhappy with your tax return?

Comment

13.3% just for state taxes of $1,000,000 is $133,000....

I wonder if thats more then Bowhunt paid?

Comment

yes it is, the real question is it more than he got back?????

Comment

If so he should get about $200,000 back.

Comment

Gimme about TWO FITTY!

Comment

Working...
                                X