Ski Colorado question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
    What’s the easiest place to get to from the airport ? IE how can we get to skiing without renting a vehicle - IE also trying to plan a couole day trip on a budget.
    Google shuttles Denver to ________ (whatever mountain they go to).

We did this yesterday and used Peak 1. Flew into Denver and 15 minutes after getting our bags, we loaded a very nice van. It took us directly to our house in Keystone, dropped off at the driveway. Cost was $98/person.

Comment

Following!!

Comment

Great info guys thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
          Google shuttles Denver to ________ (whatever mountain they go to).

We did this yesterday and used Peak 1. Flew into Denver and 15 minutes after getting our bags, we loaded a very nice van. It took us directly to our house in Keystone, dropped off at the driveway. Cost was $98/person.
          Yep we do this every year (to Breck). It's the best way to do it. We get our fridge stocked too thru a separate service. Ski rental place comes to our house too and fits us for everything. Within 2 hours of being there, you are done with all the BS and time to ski/walk to town and drink. You cannot beat the convenience!

Comment

I would suggest Breck as well but if there is another Covid outbreak they will not have a good time in that town. I went there right after spring break this year and the nightlife was just not the same. Limited capacity everywhere and you always had to wear a mask at bars and restaurants unless you were sitting down. They even had warning signs all over downtown stating that tickets would be given to those seen walking around without a mask, even for those just walking around downtown. Coming from Texas it was a huge shock at the time.

I'm heading to Steamboat next week for MusicFest. It typically has a good nightlife also but we'll see how it goes with the new variant and all the new positive cases popping up.

Some others I'd throw out there are Winter Park and Telluride. I would just really play close attention to the updated Covid policies of the town's they're looking into.
            Last edited by breeds13; 12-28-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I just got out of Steamboat before they shut down I70 on Sunday. skiing was pretty good but they still need a lot more snow. Everything east of the tunnel didn't get near as much snow. I would not call Steamboat a value anymore. Lift tickets are north of $250/day. Love the town and the mountain. Not sure how much college type nightlife is there without a festival in town. We have been for spring break many years and I just dont see a lot of those type of bars/venues. But I also don't frequent college bars, so maybe they are just not on my radar.

Comment

I was just in Breck. This was my second year in a row to take the family. Two of them were college kids. There’s some bars there but a lot of the places close at 10:00. I’m sure there are bars that stay open but we were home by 10:00 every night. Keystone maybe a little cheaper from what I’ve been told, plus your close ABasin which is college crowd. Loveland is not far either. It will be fun at any of those places.

Comment

Ah. Musicfest. The memories. We went 4 or 5 years in a row back around 05-10. The lineup was much better back then.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X