Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disc cooker meals. What is your favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
    Hey Dale,

Will those antlers holed up well against the heat?
    They did fine with the 6" burner. They started getting hot when I went to the 10" burner, so I put some heat deflectors underneath.....and I rub some oil on them occaisionaly to keep them from drying out.

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
    Nice work Dale. I thought about welding 2 small hatchets on one. We used to use single bit axes for bbq pit handles. The think hatchets would look cool on a discada. The antlers look awesome!
    I don't know why hatchets wouldn't work. I'm running out of ideas for handles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Things you'll want on your burner stand....

1. Big burner for even heat.
      2. Disc storage for safe keeping and the much sought after "smaller footprint in the truck".
      3. Propane storage for the same reason as #2.
      4. A wide base for stability.
      5. Long legs for easy on the back.

[ATTACH]448197[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]448198[/ATTACH]

Okay that is one awesome setup right there. That is certainly a must have.

Comment

Final Dale chimes in. Been waiting for your input bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
          so who's got a hot wing recipe on the disc?
          I like to boil mine for 15-20 mins then add to disc with a good amount of oil and butter. Flip frequently. Once they start getting that nice golden brown, add your sauce, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover with a big ol lid. Flip ever few mins. Once they are done, put in the oven on warm, clean the disc and start another flavored batch.

Comment

Legdog, tell us about that brussell sprout routine, please! My dad was telling me he saw it whenever yall did that, he loves them "oklahoma cabbages".

Comment

2. Disc storage for safe keeping and the much sought after "smaller footprint in the truck".

[ATTACH]448197[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]448198[/ATTACH]
              Can you use this design for a crawfish pot as well as for a discada?

Comment

[ATTACH]448197[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]448198[/ATTACH]
                I have been envious of this stand setup since you first posted it. I would love to have one of these for my redneck wok.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFrijoles View Post
                  I like to boil mine for 15-20 mins then add to disc with a good amount of oil and butter. Flip frequently. Once they start getting that nice golden brown, add your sauce, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover with a big ol lid. Flip ever few mins. Once they are done, put in the oven on warm, clean the disc and start another flavored batch.
                  I will give it a try thanks

Comment

Getting tires rotated then the Bradley spin on discada stands is on the to do list!

Comment

Here is a surprise 24" for my best buddy I did up. I used 1/4" solid, cut, bent, and welded the letters up then welded them to the lip.
                      [ATTACH]448264.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dang you guys! I'm on a college budget but now I want one of these set ups!
                        What's a price range for one of these cookers? Disk, burner, and stand?
                        Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by PBFrijoles View Post
                          Here is a surprise 24" for my best buddy I did up. I used 1/4" solid, cut, bent, and welded the letters up then welded them to the lip.
                          [ATTACH]448264.
                          Awesome work, Benny! That thing is a Cadillac, makes my old scalloped edge relic look like a dog!

Comment

[ATTACH]448197[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]448198[/ATTACH]
                            Dang that's a nice burner. You should do a TBH special edition and sell me one.

Comment

I do also like disc cooking, the food gets a very particular taste.

For some, carps aren`t really tasty fish but I tell you, get about 30 little ones not more than three inches long, easy to caught them with a net in a pond, wash them, take out their inners, add some salt and garlic, that`s all.

Pour enough cooking oil into the disc so the little fishes can be kinda drowned in hot oil for some time.

Those little fishes will cook real quick and they will end up kinda crunching meat, just add any kind of hot sauce and enjoy them like that, a very simple and different fish dish.

Hope you try, like and enjoy this

Comment

NICE present brother PBFRIJOLES! good job

Comment

Working...
                                X