No announcement yet.

Hunting alone????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy hunting alone. I don't do it often, but will occasionally when I need to relax and get away.

Comment

I hunted alone for the first time this year. I kinda like it. I find it easier to stay out longer and not get ansty if I don't have anywhere to be.

Comment

Yeah it sux been doing it on public land this year cause buddies forgot to do survey. No as much fun. But it has got me wanting to do some self filmed hunts

Comment

I like to hunt alone......but when the hunt is over,I want a friend to talk to about it...and on the drive to and from...I want someone to talk to....and around the fire in the evening,I want to share the stories that we have all heard numerous tiomes ,once more....I guess If it came right down to it ,If I had to be completely alone .....I'd give up hunting...

Comment

all the time

Comment

I used to hunt alone w/o problems, I now have a property in Ok with no cell, no water ,no elctric, so at my age I'm a little worried about hunting alone nowdays.

Comment

I enjoy hunting alone on our lease because I can move around and not worry about others shooting me.... Also I dont jump a mile high when someone that is with me kills a deer......LOL However, I do enjoying going with my Father-in-Law becuase he doesnt like to hunt by himself much these days...

Comment

I don't mind it at all. Spent 7 days at the deer lease alone about 3 weeks ago and I didn't really get bored. It's nice to have a buddy in camp but if I don't then it's not the end of the world.

Comment

i was laying in my uncles travel trailer one night at the lease alone.......little rodents started running around so i spent the night in my truck

Comment

I hunted alone MANY times this year.....and THEN there was "the UH OH" moment that forever changed my opinion.

I had a full trailer, was leaving the lease, but stopped to check a feeder, and I got stuck in some sand. I thought if I were to unhook the trailer I could get out pretty easy.

I unlatched the trailer, cranked the lift....the ball stuck, and would release from the hitch....so I jumped up on the bumper (STUPID move...I know), it broke loose and my foot slid under onto the ball, and pinned my foot between the hitch and the trailer ball.

I was in horrible pain. My saving grace, was my buddy was leaving the lease a few minutes after me, and saw me waving frantically, and came to my rescue.

I haven't hunted alone since the middle of November....because, you just never know.

Comment

sometimes it's ok to hunt alone, but always better and safer with someone else.

Make sure you have a check in time with someone else and leave a not at camp as to where you are hunting in case something does go wrong!

Comment

I have hunted alone many a time and its never bothered me a bit, because of my job and its schedule I have to go hunting by myself sometimes and don't mind it one bit.

But having someone there to break bread with and share some hunting stories with is also an awesome thing to have. The safety issue is always in the back of my mind.

Comment

hunt alone... in the blind sometimes.

BUT, never go to camp or leases alone...

after being attacked by killer bees especially. if I did not have texxfletch with me I probably wouldnt have made it. maybe. maybe not... if my mom wasnt there and getting attacked maybe I would have worried about myself and figured it out, but after my mom and dad drove off in my truck, and I was unable mentally to get into the back of the truck, and just started running and was tackled/tripped 3 times and knocked the wind out of me and swallowed x amount of bees. IF I did not hear texxfletch start is airplane of a cummins and haul *** and pick me up I may have not made it home...

then snakes etc...

Not worth it. take someone to camp. hunt separate, but communicate or have a plan. if its 15 minutes or 30 minutes after dark and I am not back to camp come drive the truck to my blind and check on me... or something.

also, hunting in encinal, and driving in at night. then hunting early morning, and seeing what we thought were illegal tracks OVER his dually tracks is also a bit creepy feeling.

NO thanks. wont hunt by myself.

call me scared or a wuss or whatever, but I am going to have whatever leverage I can in any situation to make sure I make it home to my wife and kid.

and if you do. well you better say it to my face when we meet at bonanza!

Comment

I hunt alone most of the time b/c my lease buddy is always busy. I really enjoy it, and our rancher lives on the place and is always "johnny on the spot" in a tight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phi Phi Hunter;6425016]sometimes it's ok to hunt alone, but always better and safer with someone else.

Make sure you have a check in time with someone else and leave a not at camp as to where you are hunting in case something does go wrong![/QUOTE]

This. Nothing wrong with hunting alone, but be smart about it. Tell someone the specifics of your plan; i.e. where, when, etc.

I don't hunt alone much, but I fish a lot solo. I always give someone my float plan before heading out solo.

Comment

Working...
                                X