game warden issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLB View Post
    But wouldn't you expect to find blood and or a gut bucket at a deer lease camp?? Call me stupid, but seriously....
    Did you miss the part where I said FRESH, c'mon man

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
      Good ole Benny. I have never understood why Law Enforcement guys that have to work seemingly alone many miles and minutes from backup would choose to anger and disrespect so many people. I have had more than one encounter with him and while I won't say they were all negative, NONE were ever positive or pleasing and I have never gotten in trouble for any game violations. He either comes across as " I hate my job and dealing with you" or " You're a criminal that I will catch doing something wrong sometime."

I am an LE and when people complain to me about him I try to point out he does a stressful, dangerous, and thankless job. I would hate to be his supervisor if he actually receives the number of complaints people say they are going to make.
      When he approached us he was disrespectful right from the get go. We had never met him or had any run ins with him before. I have never met a GW I didn't like until him. Hopefully our next meeting will be better so my view of him wont be so bad... we will have to see. Most of us do stressful, and other descriptive jobs, but that doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful. Give the person a chance before being an ***hole to them. It is hard to be respectful of a person like that, doesn't matter who you are.

Comment

I have an app called VOICE MEMOS which is handy as a spur-of-the-moment recorder. If you don't want him to see you with a camera going, you can discreetly record his tirade.

He won't last forever. I know the TPWD does not encourage or approve that kind of behavior. With enough reports, they will bust his chops.

Comment

I've hunted/fished for the last 35 yrs. in Texas and other places. Not one time have I met a disrespectful Game Warden, and I hunted in Brown county and met Leroy Polnack (sp) several times. He was very serious, but never disrepectful.

Comment

We have a new officer in glasscock co. This year opening evening he pulled up to my dads blind at 530 prime hunting time to check his license needless to say my dad was hottttttt one phone call to the midland office was all it took the next weekend he stopped by camp to apologise. We havent seen him since he told us he was never told in training not to go to blinds during hunting hours. His s/o told him diffrent

Comment

Anytime a game warden is mentioned on these forums ...especially when its a negative incident the thread link will find its way to the appopraite personel and most of the time...the actual game warden. Still persue hardcore on your end though.

Why yall chose to call you buddy back over to the hunting camp is beyond me?

Comment

Someone needs to remind him it is business not personal. Don't come at me like you are my better because I will not think twice about doing my best to have you punished or fired if you over step your boundries. Good luck & make sure he gets punished like the child he is behaving as.
                Last edited by Roamer; 11-28-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

We have a family place in Quanah, Hardeman County. We have the ultimate proffessional for a Gamewarden, Matt Thompson. I call and get info from him time to time, came and brought his tracking pup last year, (Thankful it was a short track, found buck) and Steve Stapleton in my home county of Van Zandt. Thank God for the GOOD one's

Comment

Thats funny you mention Leroy in Brown County. I also met him. He didn't joke around or BS just serious. Did his business and checked and said Thank You and left. I thought he disliked me for some reason but the land owner told me that is just Leroy. He was always professional but didn't even chit chat and drink coffee.

Comment

Knock on wood, I have been hunting at the same place my whole life (over 30 years). . . never once seen a game warden.

Comment

Write a detailed account with dates and times and have all menbers sign it as being factual (Make sure it all is) and have it notorized and sent by certified mail to his superviser. This makes it a legal document and it will have to be addressed. Now how they address it is another thing.

Comment

Before you start recording him, can anyone chime in if that's legal.

Is there a law about recording police officers or anything like that which will get you into some legal trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by Higee View Post
                            Before you start recording him, can anyone chime in if that's legal.

Is there a law about recording police officers or anything like that which will get you into some legal trouble?
                            As long as one person knows it being recorded it's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by codyw2006 View Post
                              Ill have to say that we have some pretty awesome gw's here in Grayson co. On my 18th bday party I had a huge party at the lake and the gw's came an checked it out. Told us to keep it down a little and not to drive and we wouldn't have a prob. I have had them stop me on my way out of hagermans before just to check an I don't mind because they are all super nice guys. Do a quick run through and sometimes even throw a line my way on what they have been seeing and where. Can't beat that with a stick!!

That wasn't always the case....in the early 90s there was a guy by the name of Sammy Brown and he was a grade A "rick"

Haven't met a bad one other than him.......
                              Last edited by Smart; 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRanchero View Post
                                The whole time I have hunted on our place and that's for a good 12 years I have never seen or talked to a game warden. I still don't know why either.
                                I have family as game wardens and yes most are just bored and looking for something to do in high activity areas. However, just because you haven't talked to or seen one does not mean they are not there/around.

GW are mostly out at night from what they were telling me. They want you believing that thiers nothing to worry about.

Been hunting for 15 years and just two weekends ago at a buddy's place after he shot a deer that was just under the 13 '' spread rule with questionable daylight hours. Here comes the GW on foot into camp. Never in a million years has anyone law enforcement been out there. Well let's just say that was a very expensive lesson for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X