See less

Community Live Hunt TBH Hagerman Segment A Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as the petition, I actually signed it, and left my input which they probably won't share.

Comment

Sounds like someone from Grayson county should start a petition to keep hunting on Hagerman. I'll sign it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        Sounds like someone from Grayson county should start a petition to keep hunting on Hagerman. I'll sign it.
        Mr.Cantu said she had a couple thousand signatures. I told him I bet we could beat that in an instant!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
          I was scouting the goode unit a couple of weeks ago and saw over 30 pigs
          There is an unbelievable amount of pigs in goode. I counted 50 and stopped at that about a month ago on a neighboring property. There was at least another 40-50 piglets I didnt count.

Comment

Ok I have an update/news on the deer I shot. Emotions are really mixed. The deer was found buzzards and coyoties found him first. I was praying that he was still alive. I only saw this deer for 20 seconds before taking the shot and it was in the last 10 minutes of daylight. It is all just a blur due to the adrenalin. I knew his right side had tall tines and he was definatly a shooter. He is not the deer that I Identified from live pics he is smaller but a true trophey with lots of character never the less. I totally agree with the rules that the refuge has in place and because he was found over 24 hours after the hunt it becomes property of the refuge. They will be doing a european mount and have him on display at the refuge for everyone to enjoy his beauty. I was soo convinced that he was alive judging from the blood trail and crawling through briars searching for 8 hours and twelve miles. I concentrated my search east of where I shot him because this is where the blood trail indicated he was going. he was found a 1/2 mile north east. I have been in contact with the refuge and they have sent me pics cant wait to appriciate it in person. I am sad that he did not survive, glad that it was not the deer that I saw pics of, glad that others will be able to appriciatte him. Thanks again to the refuge staff for hosting this hunt and all the assistance they give hunters during the hunt. I have had the oppertunity to take a 140 in 2009 that is on my wall, and came so close to getting a truly amazing deer. Thanks again. Ill upload some pics in a few minutes, have to do some cropping to not show the coyotee and buzzard damage this deer deserves that respect.

Comment

Glad it was found, even though it wasn't the way we had all hoped, at least it provides closure. Can't wait to see the pics of this wonderful animal.

Comment

Well heck Dan not the ending we were all pulling for, but at least you have some closure.

Comment

Will be after lunch before I can upload pics. Gotta run home and take some meds to my son at school. Hundred mile round trip. Grrr

Comment

Good to hear. Kind of bittersweet.

Looking forward to pics.

Comment

I have mixed emotions for you. I have seen several pictures of the deer you thought you had shot. I was bummed It wasnt found after the shot and I am bummed that you didndt get the freak.. I am glad they found your deer. I am extremely glad the freak is still out there.. I hunt next week.
                      Cant wait to see the pictures.

Comment

I am glad you got some closure Dan. I know you needed to know what happened.

Comment

I can't wait to see your freak. If it was comparable to the "super freak" then it was an awesome deer indeed!

Comment

I too have mixed emotions right now. I am glad they found your deer, and as a friend I am truly sad you didn't get to reap the rewards of your work. I can't wait to see the pics!

Comment

Dan, Thanks for sharing your whole adventure with us. I truly hate that your trophy has become part of the Hagerman House of Hunts show...............I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, even when we dont understand it. When you get the pics are you going to share those with us too? Looking forward to seeing them.

Comment

Yes I will be uploading pics after lunch. Had a family emergancy to take care of and the pics are not on my phone. He was typical on right non typical freak on left with heavy mass that carried. Definatly mature

Comment

Working...
                                X