No announcement yet.

Ford Engine - 5.0 V8 or 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Supercrew 4x4, 3.73 LS rear end, Ecoboost. Trip Labor Day weekend, towing car-hauler trailer, 2 full dresser harleys, Custom Chopper, and loaded Sporty with 4 guys, coolers full of food, beverages, etc from TX to NC/TN line avg 11.5 to 13mpg. Have 20k on truck now no issues other than my teenaged daughter complaining too much room in back seat..
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kelley350x View Post
      A warranty is no good if they cant figure out how to fix it...
      We get it. Your truck has problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Thanks guys. I started out wanting the Eco and after some reading I was concerned about reported disappointments in mpg performance.

Its time to play let's make a deal.
        I think most of the disappointed people thought they were going to get 25 mpg or more. You are not going to get that.

My 2012 FX4 has the ecoboost and I'm getting about 15ish around town and 18 to 20 on the highway.

It gets better mileage than the v-8 AND has more HP and Torque.

ETA: I have 6000 miles on mine, so the mileage may vary some once it's broke in better.

Comment

i test drove both and really like the eco boost better. It drove like a sportscar where the V8 was like a tractor.

That said my ecoboost has 10k on it now and my mileage isn't that great. I get 17 on the highway.
          I hear it is sensitve to to gas pedal though

Comment

If I can average 18 (with most of my miles being long interstate type drives) then I will be happy. I am not looking for crazy numbers in the 20s. I also drive like a little old lady most of the time, so I don't get into the pedal that much.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
              My Eco has 46,000 on it, with 0 problems. I do like the ride and the pep.
              Mine 2011 has 46,000 on it also. Zero problems. Great Truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                ANyone pulled travel trailers or campers with theirs yet? Just wondering how it would do with my 25'. Weight about 5300 lbs.
                I have a 27' Jayco Jay Feather. 4500 lbs empty. I have pulled it about 4000 miles with my 2011 Eco FX4 3.73 rear end. It will rip it down the highway. You can be running over 70 before you know it. Plenty of power. Your milage will go down puliing a load. I average 17-18 without a load. I get 9-10 pulling my camper.

Comment

Originally posted by ltbre8 View Post
                  I have about 1600 miles on my Ecoboost, its 4x4 with the 3.55 gears. The truck is averaging 19.2 so far. It has gotten over 24 before. Just remember that it takes the motor between 4-7000 miles to get broke in. They say the mileage will improve then. I love the truck
                  This is what I've heard too. Be sure to get the 3.55 gears, with all your highway miles it will benefit you quite a bit. I've also heard the mileage goes up on the little turbo 6 after 10-12k miles. For a work truck I'd say you're crazy, but that little eco-boost is built for your needs.

Whatever you do, don't ask my buddy Michael about the ford he just got rid of.

Comment

"Never pull anything ". " drive like grandma". My last post I swear - at least drive a non Eco boost 6 banger before you rule it out. Impressive and couple more mpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350918526.697728.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	24130827

Comment

We get it. Your truck has problems.
                      Heath not sure why you are coming off with alittle attitude.... we are just trying to make sure you are informed. If somebody would have explained all this to me before i paid $35000 cash for my truck then dump another $4000 on accessories into it I would have went with the 5.0. BTW Ford offered to give me $30000 tradin with 12000 miles. But i had to leave my lift and tires! I wasnt ready to take the $9000 loss to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        I have a 27' Jayco Jay Feather. 4500 lbs empty. I have pulled it about 4000 miles with my 2011 Eco FX4 3.73 rear end. It will rip it down the highway. You can be running over 70 before you know it. Plenty of power. Your milage will go down puliing a load. I average 17-18 without a load. I get 9-10 pulling my camper.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Is the 5.0 just a smaller version of the 5.4, or a whole different configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                            Heath not sure why you are coming off with alittle attitude.... we are just trying to make sure you are informed. If somebody would have explained all this to me before i paid $35000 cash for my truck then dump another $4000 on accessories into it I would have went with the 5.0. BTW Ford offered to give me $30000 tradin with 12000 miles. But i had to leave my lift and tires! I wasnt ready to take the $9000 loss to say the least.
                            The answer had nothing to do with the question that was asked. My current truck is a really bad one and I know they are out there but that is not what I am focusing on. I do appreciate yalls post and they are taken into consideration, but yall have stated your issues so no need to bring them up in every new post.

Comment

The answer had nothing to do with the question that was asked. My current truck is a really bad one and I know they are out there but that is not what I am focusing on. I do appreciate yalls post and they are taken into consideration, but yall have stated your issues so no need to bring them up in every new post.
                              Alright brother I understand! Im out!

Comment

Don't discount the regular v6 Ford either...300hp...if you don't pull too much I'd for that one...in two wheel drive...hiway miles...best milage...
                                The old v10s they were puttin' in the Dodge pickups back in the day were only makin' 300hp...and we all thought that was big time back then...

Comment

Working...
                                X