Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The useless, but interesting facts thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rule of thumb

Comes from back in the day when if your wife acted up you could beat her with anything as long as it wasnt no bigger around than your thumb.

Comment

The only letter not on the Periodic Table of elements is J.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
        In Tombstone Doc Holiday says " I'll be you're huckle bearer" not huckle berry

Have you actually looked at the Tombstone script or are you just believing the internet chatter about a casket handle and another word for pall bearer?....

Comment

A gallon of water weighs 8.4 pounds.

There are 43,560 sq. ft in an acre.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
            another useless fact is
            "i have a ping pong table for sale in the classifieds that no one has bought yet"
            haha

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Have you actually looked at the Tombstone script or are you just believing the internet chatter about a casket handle and another word for pall bearer?....
              I read it here. Has to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by rwurz View Post
                Ha just got my wife to do it. Greatness
                No pics, it didn't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                  It's going to be a while before Matteo can locate a 10' sheet of paper. He's already failed in trying to fold a 8 x 10 sheet several times.
                  Aw heck I was using toilet paper. Still cant get past 6 folds.

Comment

Originally posted by 76truck View Post
                    A gallon of water weighs 8.4 pounds.

There are 43,560 sq. ft in an acre.
                    Gallon of water is actually 8.3454 lbs.
                    Last edited by Matteo; 10-17-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedTx View Post
                      Rule of thumb

Comes from back in the day when if your wife acted up you could beat her with anything as long as it wasnt no bigger around than your thumb.
                      AH. the good ole days. HEHEH

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                        In Tombstone Doc Holiday says " I'll be you're huckle bearer" not huckle berry
                        In the original script to Tombstone doc holiday says huckleberry.....little known fact

Comment

The first sexual innuendo on tv was in the 1950's......

"Gosh Ward, weren't you a little hard on the beaver last night?"

Comment

Armadillos always have four babies and they are all the same sex.

Because an opossum has a forked peter, old timers thought they had sex through their noses.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              Armadillos always have four babies and they are all the same sex.

Because an opossum has a forked peter, old timers thought they had sex through their noses.
                              Bet ya didn't know Armadillo babies are genetic clones of one another. Genetic quadruplets. Every time.

Dont know about the sex through the nose thing.
                              Last edited by Matteo; 10-17-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Theodore Roosevelt was the first President to travel outside of the US while in office.
                                President Taft got stuck in the White House bath tub while in office.

Comment

Working...
                                X