Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The useless, but interesting facts thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by handikap bowhunter View Post
    truth
    x100000000000000000000

Comment

Posting just to be posting is against the rules....

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
        Did you know that in the 1500's the Muslims learned how to use the end of a goats intestines to prevent pregnancy?

And did you know that in the 1700's the British improved on the model by first removing it from the goat?

-john
        If I had been drinking anything when I read that, I would have spit it all over the computer.

That's funny.

Comment

John Wilkes Booth's brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln's son.

Comment

The United States Coast Guard is the oldest American Military Service - previously known as the United States Revenue Cutter Service - formed in 1790 by the then Secretary of Treasury, Alexander Hamilton. Formed to stop Maritime Smuggling - Smugglers inporting goods, via the high seas, to escape American inport tariff laws. Basically Counter-Pirates ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A cubic foot of water is 7.48052 gallons

Comment

The Posse Comitatus Act limits the US Military from engaging the US Laws of the land using military armed forces.

The only Military Agency that does not fall under the limitations of The Posse Comitatus Act is....the United States Coast Guard. The primary reason is, the Coast Guard has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission. Your US Coastie has more Law Enforcement power than any State Law Enforcement Official and has more power than many Federal Agencies as well!

Pirates with a purpose - ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Comment

Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.

Comment

I don't think I laughed this much in a long time
                    Fact

Comment

Lyme disease is considered to be the second fastest growing infectious disease next to AIDS. Scientists believe the link is related to an increase in Deer populations.

Comment

The Mark 12 5"/38 caliber naval deck gun had a range to shoot a 55lb-5" diameter projectile - 9 miles - surface to surface. Surface to air - it can fire that same round 38,000 feet straight up.

Comment

Possums have a bifurcated (forked) penis.

Comment

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. The reason a goldfish swims back and forth and back and forth across the fish bowl all day long everyday is because by the time it gets to one side of the bowl it forgets what's on the other side. Every trip is a new adventure! "Hey, I wonder what's over there!. . . Hey! I wonder what's over there."

I've had some elementary students that were like that as well.

Comment

Cotton crops can be sprayed up to 40 times a yr making it the most chemical intensive crop in the world.

Comment

The Short Tailed Albatross, found in the North Pacific and Bearing Sea, one of the world's rarest birds (at one time - only 50 were left alive due to harvesting them for feathers)...can live up to 40 years. Roughly 3 - 4 thousand birds survive today.
                                Last edited by AtTheWall; 10-17-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X