• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Ranger!

Comment

Itty "Bitty"s first track.
      4month old, had her less than 2 weeks.
      NOT the kinda tracking you want to start a pup that has only run 2 liver drags (both successful). Firth time to ever see or smell actual deer or deer blood. But she got us back on track 3-4 times after we lost the very spotty trail. Now have a few bottles of deer blood and some hides for rewards.
      Attached Files

Comment

^^^ that's an awesome buck itty bitty found.

Comment

awesome job ranger and itty bitty

Comment

Thanks guys^^^.

Comment

Originally posted by engnman View Post
              I shot a deer Wednesday at 07:30 , was a good hit, arrow entered 4-5 rib from the back and out the other shoulder. Called my son to bring his 4 month Bavarian Mountain Hound Pappy. He has been training him on blood but has not been on a real track.Took about 1.15 hours for them to get there. Pap picked the trail up quickly. There was a good blood trail and he stayed on the trail for about 200 yards.We found a place where the ground was torn up and blood in a circle about 10 feet around. Pap was confused like me ,but he hit the track again and we were off.Then we found another larger area like the last, finally found the trail again . About 400 yards into this we are seeing lots of blood still then we find a large area of cactus and dirt torn up.My son sees the white tail of a deer and we find the buck finally. We were 45 min. into this track and coyotes had already eaten out the rear. We think that the yotes had found the deer before he even laid down and pushed him to this point. The shot took out both lungs. Pappy did a great job as this was not an easy track. I think that the torn up areas were where the buck was fighting off the yots.End results were good and the experience for Pap was great.
              Do you know where he got the Bavarian Mountain Hound Pappy from? been looking into that breed but havent found any breeders

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                [ATTACH]441163[/ATTACH]

My dog Ranger found this buck this morning. Friend shot it with a 6.8 cal at 150 yards( he's a Sniper) lol, dog tracked it 300 yards. Blood found only at beginning then nothing. It was my friends first drop tine and also Rangers.
                that a good looking dog

Comment

ill shoot you a pm yanta61

Comment

Congrats Manny!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoTxHunter View Post
                      Congrats Manny!!!!
                      Thanks man. It was fun seeing the dog track n find his prey.

Comment

Congrats Manny. Don't get any better!

Comment

Good finds men and some great looking dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerryg View Post
                            Congrats Manny. Don't get any better!

Thanks Jerry.. I believe every word you say. If anyone knows its you..

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                              Do you know where he got the Bavarian Mountain Hound Pappy from? been looking into that breed but havent found any breeders
                              Lumpys kennels out of Brandon Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                                [ATTACH]441163[/ATTACH]

My dog Ranger found this buck this morning. Friend shot it with a 6.8 cal at 150 yards( he's a Sniper) lol, dog tracked it 300 yards. Blood found only at beginning then nothing. It was my friends first drop tine and also Rangers.
                                great job Manny!

Comment

Working...
                                X