No announcement yet.

Why no open carry during bow season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TXJIM: very well played sir. Enjoyed. Don't agree, but enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
      ....if you want to have the privilege to bowhunt legal, you have to abide by the rules.
      Correct. By buying the license you agree to comply with the game laws when hunting. The game laws over lay your property because game belong to all people. The license gives you the right to legally take your predetermined share.

I think the law that restricts you from open carry during bow hunting is absurd.

When enough people don't like the law and speak up about it it will change.

Comment

I don't have CHL....carry concealed year round....

Comment

My wife open carries her .45 to the blind, she is more afraid of runnin into a herd of hogs in the black of night than the law.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
            Im not worried about jake. I'm worried about sancho and his buddies.
            You don't have to worry about Sancho while in the tree stand. He is back home with your wife while you are out hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
              not true. the law says you cant have a firearm on you while bow hunting during archery season unless you have a chl.

which means i cant bow hunt the axis i own during bow season with a gun on me.
              You can if you have a CHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
                He doesn't have to prove he's not hunting deer. It's up to the state to prove he was doing something wrong. Remember "innocent until proven guilty?"

Let me ask this. I can take a rifle out for hogs outside of deer season. Who's to say my intent is to hunt hogs and not deer? Especially with it being legal to hunt with cans now? Shots fired will be a lot harder to hear.

Hope folks start picking their heads up and forcing the goverment to respect our rights or we will lose everything and become another UK, Australia, ect.
                this

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post

Me too!!!!!

Comment

It's only open carry if someone sees the gun.
                    Last edited by Possum Fat; 09-21-2012, 07:27 AM. Reason: .

Comment

I think the old wording explained it better when it said "a firearm may not be possessed while hunting with a broadhead" I dont really care for the law thats why I have a CHL. It's the law, either abide by it or dont, its your call. I dont like the seatbelt law but i dont want a ticket either so I abide by it. As far as it being your land, all laws apply, you cant bait doves just because its your land, you cant murder someone in cold blood because its your land. It's a law whether we like it or not, no rights are really being infringed because of it. If you dont like it ...get a CHL. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by pigstikr View Post
                        I think the old wording explained it better when it said "a firearm may not be possessed while hunting with a broadhead" I dont really care for the law thats why I have a CHL. It's the law, either abide by it or dont, its your call. I dont like the seatbelt law but i dont want a ticket either so I abide by it. As far as it being your land, all laws apply, you cant bait doves just because its your land, you cant murder someone in cold blood because its your land. It's a law whether we like it or not, no rights are really being infringed because of it. If you dont like it ...get a CHL. Plain and simple.
                        X2!

Comment

Originally posted by pigstikr View Post
                          I think this was well said.

Texas is NOT trying to infringe on your second amendment rights. If you don't like the law saying that you cannot openly carry a pistol while bow hunting during the archery only season do one of two things. Don't bow hunt and carry your pistol openly anywhere on your property you please. Or, get a CHL and conceal your pistol. Any other variation, your'e breaking the law. That's just how the law is.

Comment

Cause the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing gets flip flopped when it comes to hunting....... They totally expect that we are guilty of shooting a deer with a gun during archery season before we even get the chance because we must be over the top deer hunting freaks that can't control themselves to even be in the woods hunting with a bow anyway.... When in my opinion(as well as most on the GS, if I had to guess) it takes a very commited, patient, self preserved, enduring, ETHICAL, individual to be a "BOW" hunter
                            But on a lighter note......IT'S PROFILING I TELL YOU!! (LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post

And he hand load's rock salt for the special people. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                                And he hand load's rock salt for the special people. Lol.
                                Shhhhhhhhh...I thought that was our secret!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X