Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G
    Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
    Good point. Sucks you aren't allowed to have protection while hunting.

Snakes are the last reason for me to have a pistol. I'm more worried about 2 legged critters.
    You're missing the point. I understand what you are saying.we know the rule is put in place so no one can shoot a deer with a firearm during archery only season. Your options are to get a CHL or to wait and hunt during gun season. You can also break the game law. Good luck getting it to change. Even if it's property that you own, the state owns the deer and you are going to have to play by their rules during archery only deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
      Sorry, but that's a very weak arguement. The same was said when states started talking about concealed license. It'll be shootings left and right all over the place just like the old west!!!!! It didn't happen......
      It's not my argument, that's the states rationale. The population numbers in the state of Texas are what make CHL laws what they are. States with higher populations do not allow open carry: Texas, California, NY, Florida, Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by 1TexasPatriot View Post
        The state in no way infringes on your right to carry a sidearm. It's an impossible argument.

There is a stipulation though, much like that of the CHL to begin with. You say "Shall not be infringed"

State says "Not infringed, just a little more difficult"

One COULD make the argument that we should just be able to walk around gun strapped to our hips every moment of every day. I don't have an issue with it, and Tubby already made this argument.

You don't have to have a CHL to carry a sidearm every day, just during bowhunting....It's a tomato tomahhto argument, isn't it?
        No, it isn't a tomato argument. It's a law without a crime. Completely arbitrary in every possible way based on something I might do, not something I have done. Would you be okay with the dps requiring a speed limiting device because you might speed even if you have never gotten a ticket? How about we eliminate DWI by putting a breath analyzer on everyones steering column even if the never had a DWI.....how much freedom are you willing to give up for something you might do?

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
          G

You're missing the point. I understand what you are saying.we know the rule is put in place so no one can shoot a deer with a firearm during archery only season. Your options are to get a CHL or to wait and hunt during gun season. You can also break the game law. Good luck getting it to change. Even if it's property that you own, the state owns the deer and you are going to have to play by their rules during archery only deer season.
          not true. the law says you cant have a firearm on you while bow hunting during archery season unless you have a chl.

which means i cant bow hunt the axis i own during bow season with a gun on me.

Comment

Personally, I'm all for a persons right to bear arms, with a CHL, at anytime, with few stipulations, ie... Schools, banks, liquor stores etc...

Which is what the law states. People can carry a pistol during bow season with a CHL. So as long as they have a CHL, they have no reason to complain. If you are afraid of Snake, Jake, Juan or Will E. Coyotee, get a ChL. Problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
              It's not my argument, that's the states rationale. The population numbers in the state of Texas are what make CHL laws what they are. States with higher populations do not allow open carry: Texas, California, NY, Florida, Illinois.
              You can throw the three liberal states right off that list. Lol, IL. Chicago is a shooting gallery and they have the 2nd most restrictive gun laws in the country. All three states you would be more likey to get his by a falling cow than get a CHL, or in some cases a permit to even buy a handgun....

Comment

Otherwise, people are complaining just to complain. Like complaining about being of legal age to drink, but having to wait until later on Sundays to buy...

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                  You can throw the three liberal states right off that list. Lol, IL. Chicago is a shooting gallery and they have the 2nd most restrictive gun laws in the country. All three states you would be more likey to get his by a falling cow than get a CHL, or in some cases a permit to even buy a handgun....
                  The point is that is their rationale, regardless if you agree with it or not.

Comment

Personally, I'm all for a persons right to bear arms, with a CHL, at anytime, with few stipulations, ie... Schools, banks, liquor stores etc...

Which is what the law states. People can carry a pistol during bow season with a CHL. So as long as they have a CHL, they have no reason to complain. If you are afraid of Snake, Jake, Juan or Will E. Coyotee, get a ChL. Problem solved
                    So as long as the hoop is not too small or too high you will jump?

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
                      not true. The law says you cant have a firearm on you while bow hunting during archery season unless you have a chl.

Which means i cant bow hunt the axis i own during bow season with a gun on me.
                      omg!!!!!

Comment

The point is that is their rationale, regardless if you agree with it or not.
                        I don't agree with the rational of most liberal institutions nor do I quietly accept them....

Comment

If its to protect the GW is he unprotected on Nov. 3rd when I am sitting in the same blind with the same bow and the same pistol with no CHL required....ponder that one for a minute.

Also, your scenario makes no mention of the fact that I am on private property where no CHL is required to possess or carry a firearm so if the state is protecting my rights by allowing me to carry a pistol with no CHL on my property why again does that protection somehow lapse for 30 days if I pick up a bow?
                          Honestly....I really do not know.

What's more demanding, Probable Cause or Reasonable Suspicion? What does a GW need to walk on "your" property?

Because if you're willing to dig, you would clearly see that there's borderline infringement involved in many state and federal laws. All with little more logic than the government wanting to remind you they're still there, and still don't think you can do without them.

Comment

So as long as the hoop is not too small or too high you will jump?
                            Really? Me being okay with the rules, which you have Reluctantly, by your own accord, follow as well, makes me less of a man? Please, you've proven yourself argumentative. You've proven that you will stand your ground, with one toe in the puddle, just to try and make a point against something you believe so much in, yet you will abide by in order to "Protect your Family."

News flash: you have a CHL, family protected.

Comment

I have enjoyed the debate but holy cow it is late all in good sport and if I offended anyone it certainly was not my intent. Goodnight all.

Comment

No, it isn't a tomato argument. It's a law without a crime. Completely arbitrary in every possible way based on something I might do, not something I have done. Would you be okay with the dps requiring a speed limiting device because you might speed even if you have never gotten a ticket? How about we eliminate DWI by putting a breath analyzer on everyones steering column even if the never had a DWI.....how much freedom are you willing to give up for something you might do?
                                You're just being rediculous. Again, before my head starts to hurt, how is a CHL prohibitive?

And I'm not saying I defend the rule, because I really think it's rediculous. But since you're wanting to make rational the way lawmakers do business I'll play

Comment

Working...
                                X