lumenoks arrow & hunting effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear95 View Post
    sorry lumenoks look alot brighter then nockturnals?
    everyone sees different colors at a different level. Personally I prefer the Pink ones, they looked brightest to my eye, also heres and independent reprt on multiple brands of nocks

Final note: I DO think Nockturnals are good nocks and if I wasnt biased for obvious reasons towrds Lumenok Id give them a try too. Its all personal preference. Also add this: If whatever style nock you use has any sort of wire that comletes the circuit you MUST be using quality carbon arrows! If there is any fiberglass in the construction of your arrows it WILL effect the circuit and you will get some misfires from your nock. This is NOT the nock that is at fault no matter brand.

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
      everyone sees different colors at a different level. Personally I prefer the Pink ones, they looked brightest to my eye, also heres and independent reprt on multiple brands of nocks

Final note: I DO think Nockturnals are good nocks and if I wasnt biased for obvious reasons towrds Lumenok Id give them a try too. Its all personal preference. Also add this: If whatever style nock you use has any sort of wire that comletes the circuit you MUST be using quality carbon arrows! If there is any fiberglass in the construction of your arrows it WILL effect the circuit and you will get some misfires from your nock. This is NOT the nock that is at fault no matter brand.
      Sorry but I believe lumenok is the only brand that uses wires to complete the circuit between the nock and arrow and thus it is the nocks fault. Also if someone has to explain to me how to put a nock in a arrow then I will just go with a nock that doesn't need explaining how to use. This is why the Nocturnal is good, you just pull your old nock out and insert the nocturnal and your ready to shoot. No sanding and having to worry about getting your nock pushed in just right only to have it not come on when you shoot or worse yet, have it come on while it's in the quiver and kill the battery. I shoot well over a 100 shots a year at animals with lighted nocks so I have a bit of real world experience with them and right now Nocturnals are the best bet for the money IMO and I've tried them all except for Firenocks and they are just too expensive for the amount of lighted nocks I shoot.

Comment

I've been practicing with Nocturnals all summer. They work great.

Comment

Yep, FND said it perfectly! Pluse nockturnals were born in La Vernia, Texas! My home town!! No to mention that they work when you make a bad shot and your arrow goes through some brush, cactus, and rocks!! I tried that with lumenocks and i eventually found my arrow with the lumenock off!!

Comment

The green are the brightest. I shot blues and greens yesterday side by side and the green definitely out shined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              3 things...

1. Dont buy Lumenocks! Buy Nockturnals. You'll be glad you did.
              2. Practice with said Nockturnals and see their affect on your set up. You may need to adjust. You may not.
              3. When/if an animal sees it, it's too late.
              This is perfect advice. Lumnocks suck as compared to Nocturnals also. Ive shot Nocturnal, Lumjunk, Firenock, Tracers and the Carbon Express lighted nocks. Nocturnals are the only one i have not had repreated failures from.

Comment

to each his own, but sounds like you didnt prep them for your shafts. Ive NEVER had a misflight. If ya still have them Id be more than happy to explain how to install them.
                I bet he did. I know i did. I also got tired of em backing out a tad and turning off when I would slam a big boar hog. That and they are heavier, not as reliable and nocturnals require ZERO prep. Plus just start a Poll on here. Nuff said.

Comment

I robin hooded one of my Nocturnals tonight. That was an expensive shot.

Comment

I too think that the Lumenocks are brighter, pink or green IMO. I have both nocks in my arrow case and have been happy with the performance of both. I believe both are quality products that serve their purpose. Some of us prefer a lighted nock that can be turned off without the use of another arrow or other sharp object, others do not mind having to have another tool on hand. Don't think you can go wrong with either. As for whether or not you will have to re-sight, you're going to have to install and shoot to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by KickerPoint79 View Post
                      I robin hooded one of my Nocturnals tonight. That was an expensive shot.
                      Lol. Me n Gen where shootin earlier. I busted one of mine with a 125 head. I **** near cryed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        Lol. Me n Gen where shootin earlier. I busted one of mine with a 125 head. I **** near cryed!!
                        Yeah, I just had to shoot one more arrow......then crack!

Comment

to each his own, but sounds like you didnt prep them for your shafts. Ive NEVER had a misflight. If ya still have them Id be more than happy to explain how to install them.
                          If was sponsored by them I'd defend them too... Good or bad. It doesn't matter when they are free or deeply discounted.

Evidently Lumenock decided there was something wrong with them because they took the four of the six back and replaced them all. I then took them back to the store I bought them from new in package and got Tracers (not much better).....After a brief stop with Firenoks, I settled on Noctkurnals later. There were just too many positives coming from folks on here about them much like in this thread.

In my book and usage, they are a superior to the Lumenock. But again that is my experience and was almost 4 years ago. Hopefully for the folks that don't know about Nockturnals before they buy, Lumenok fixed their problems.
                          Last edited by Smart; 09-06-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I picked up some Nockturnals, and now I see what the big fuss is about. A lit nock is a lit nock, but these seem lighter than the Luminoks, and they are MUCH easier to turn off!

I put three on some field tip arrows and three on some practice broadhead arrows and tomorrow I am going to get the BHs dialed in. Only 20 days, 9 hours, and 45 minutes to go until deer season!

Comment

Yes they are. Nocturnals only weigh 20 grains.

Comment

Originally posted by MojoTexas View Post
                                I picked up some Nockturnals, and now I see what the big fuss is about. A lit nock is a lit nock, but these seem lighter than the Luminoks, and they are MUCH easier to turn off!

I put three on some field tip arrows and three on some practice broadhead arrows and tomorrow I am going to get the BHs dialed in. Only 20 days, 9 hours, and 45 minutes to go until deer season!
                                I shot mine for the first time tonight and they are awesome. Jason (Ragin') had me put a small nail in my quiver to use to turn the nockturnals off with.

I missed the target earlier and my brand new arrow went skipping across the pasture, past the back fence and into some weeds. We wouldn't have found it with out the lighted nock. We found it right away after dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X