Lighted toggle switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighted toggle switch question

I am putting in lighted panel switches but they only light up when the power to the object (deck lights) is on.

I want the lighted switch to be on when the lights are off; since my purpose is so that you can find the switch in the dark. I have one (switch) on the fishing deck up front and three on the console panel. Can anyone help?

The diagram is

____
    power

_____
    load

____
    ground

And I have already tried switching the ground and power
    Last edited by Wildman; 02-04-2008, 02:14 PM.

Try hooking up the power and the load terminals backwards. Other than that, I don't know. Just run a short wire from your battery so you don't get it all wired and finished before you find out it might not work.

Comment

Well, never mind. I guess I had a lose connection. They are working now. Lights off. Lighted switches on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
        I am putting in lighted panel switches but they only light up when the power to the object (deck lights) is on.

I want the lighted switch to be on when the lights are off; since my purpose is so that you can find the switch in the dark. I have one (switch) on the fishing deck up front and three on the console panel. Can anyone help?

The diagram is

____
        power

_____
        load

____
        ground

And I have already tried switching the ground and power
        Bad IDEA!

Comment

Danny, you could/should hook up the "light" side to the running light circuit...

Comment

Working...
          X