PAYING RESPECT to our TBH ELDERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wassaw View Post

sad day when it's the first time you've been nominated for the O.F. club.

here's to new beginnings!
    [ATTACH]379720[/ATTACH]
    It's a dirty job but someone had to do it!

And since everyone keeps referring to the list as the old farts club, I just went ahead and named it that.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rsatt View Post
      Here is another of my Heroes. This Guy was as Tuff as I ever saw. His name was Allan.
      What was his screen name Ronnie ? I'll post him up....

Comment

61 & been in archery since 1960
        grew up in Buffalo Field Archery Club &the NFAA

Comment

What are we describing as Old?? I am 46 and been shooting a bow since 1978 an old Indian Compound and then the magical Bear Whitetail Hunter..

Comment

Originally posted by WoJo View Post
            I miss you Tuthdoc. One of the best.
            I shot with him and hunted often with Tuthdoc. Good man to say the least.

I think we need to include Tuthdoc (John Lee) onto the TBH OLD FART list as a special mention, and to keep his name alive. After all he would be around 64years old now. That qualifies him to be on it, and HE DID contribute a bunch to the TBH forum.

Miss you friend.

I monimate...Tuthdoc.

GILBERT

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
              What was his screen name Ronnie ? I'll post him up....
              Tuco, I believe it was "Allan". But not real sure, maybe some of the older folks will remember. He died of cancer. And I don't remember when.

Comment

Originally posted by GILBERT View Post
                I shot with him and hunted often with Tuthdoc. Good man to say the least.

I think we need to include Tuthdoc (John Lee) onto the TBH OLD FART list as a special mention, and to keep his name alive. After all he would be around 64years old now. That qualifies him to be on it, and HE DID contribute a bunch to the TBH forum.

Miss you friend.

I monimate...Tuthdoc.

GILBERT
                Done Sir....

Comment

Ronnie....Allan was one wonderful man! In spite of cancer.....he came out and helped setup the Austin Archery 3D shoot for BigL..during BigL's days of acting President at the Austin Archery Club. Allan was an ex-Marine...tough as nails and as gracious and caring as any man amoung us. He was the REAL DEAL!

Heck....BigL and Bowwiz, along with Trent (Busch) & myself had parts in the movie THE KING - starring William Hurt, Gael Garcia Bernal and Laura Harring. We were there at the Austin Archery range.....during the film shoot and I called Michael from the Movie Set...asking for permission to allow the TBH.com logo be displayed on our trucks parked in the parking lot...part of the movie's archery scene set. Michael never knew what we were gonna do next.....the AUSTIN TBH.com crowd. Mary and Courtney were part of our scene.....as well as Bowwiz (Bow Tech at Austin Archery) with BigL managing the Austin Archery range...we had the entire city covered...all centric with TBH.com!

We had some serious stuff going on back before the 2006 crash. Some of us were extremely active with showing the TBH colors...especially us from the Austin area. The days where we would shoot at Austin Archery...chasing dots...then off to a local tavern for a round or two with dinner...all around the theme of TBH.com.

There was a point where we held 3D shoots...North vs South....where we would drive to shoot 3D events between Dallas and or Austin. I miss those days!

Levi Baur shoot in Crawford...another great unofficial TBH.com gathering\event...where we would drive to Heath's and shoot 3D and party all weekend. EXCELLENT TIMES! Many of the old crew gathered in Crawford.....pitching in and shooting.....representing us and Archery. XSpot, Cotton, Cat, SoccerT........so many....and now it's seems like years ago.
                  Last edited by AtTheWall; 08-21-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Allen's screen name was txrattler. He had some stories!

Comment

Allan went by TxRattler if my "old" memory serves me. still have a bow sling he made me out of leather

Slow memory now LMAO!!

Comment

Add Mr. Dale Love - Toughbroadhead .... Dale what the heck did you change your name to now? Somone....anyone....what is Dale's new name? LOL!!!!

Dale's older than dirt around here LOL!

Shawn Kennedy....don't remember what the heck he changed his name to but...he's another of the old timers. Shawn was the last screen name I remember.....lives near Houston...haven't seen him in a spell?
                        Last edited by AtTheWall; 08-21-2012, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          Add Mr. Dale Love - Toughbroadhead .... Dale what the heck did you change your name to now? Somone....anyone....what is Dale's new name? LOL!!!!

Dale's older than dirt around here LOL!

Shawn Kennedy....don't remember what the heck he changed his name to but...he's another of the old timers. Shawn was the last screen name I remember.....lives near Houston...haven't seen him in a spell?
                          TxRattler is right for Allan. Rob, Shawn went by "Shawn" the last I remember. He like many of us, married over his head.

Here is a picture of his wife at Bownanza II or III. Hope he don't mind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shake.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	24106392

Comment

Jaspro.....we can't forget tiny!

I remember meeting Jason at Bownanza Uno....couldn't miss him! A huge man with a huge heart!

Comment

For those that can remember....visualize SPUR and WILDMAN shooting Trad together at a 3D event....following OPEN COMPOUND bow shooters. LOL!!!

I've been witnessed - SON!!!!!!

Comment

That North - South shoot was fun! Met a lot of folks from down yonder.

Comment

Working...
                                X