help with new mexico muley tag draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with new mexico muley tag draw?

okay i have been wantin to shoot a big muley since the day i took my first whitetail. here in midland odessa we have some monster deer but you could buy a new truck for what it costs you to shoot one. sooooo,how does a guy go about doin the draw for a n.m. muley or elk? supertrooper you asked when i was comin over to shoot one and well i guess i need a tag first! any help guys? i know some of yall have done it before and still do

let me know when you figure out what all the 3 digit codes are at the end of each hunt description!

Comment

I'm with trophy8... Been looking to get a muley for a loooong time and I was wondering how to go about getting drawn. Not hijacking the thread just along for the ride, Thanks

Comment

Look at site Texag put up. Your application has to be in around first of April, drawing is in June.

Comment

Set up an account with NMDGF and apply for the hunts you want. I need a proclimation or someone to tell me which hunt I need to pick. What is the 3-dig code? DER-2-156

Comment

The area you want to hunt.

Comment

I can't find the areas anywhere on the website.

Comment

see now i dont wanna put in a tag without knowing where is decent. my dad grew up hunting in the gila and they shot some monster elk and mulies. but that was along time ago. i need some info from someone who has hunted in new mexico before. i dont wanna guide or anything i wanna do it on my own is that impossible? do they require guides in most parts or what?

Comment

The Units are posted on the NMDGF website. Go to the hunting section and look thru all the titles. It will be on pdf file. You can also download the procl;amation and they are in there also. Usually on page 17.

Comment

Thanks, I will look after the SB.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
                      What is the 3-dig code? DER-2-156

Looks like Unit 31 archery deer Sept. 1st-22nd and Jan. 1st-15th 09.

Page 27 of the proclamation.

Comment

T8, you can do DIY anywhere in NM. Guides are not required.

Comment

There are no deer in New Mexico...oh wait, that's hagerman.

I put in for Archery mule deer and Muzzleloader Elk.

Comment

Chad, What units?

Comment

Put in for Unit 34. It's pretty easy to get drawn, but there ain't no deer there!

Comment

Working...
                              X