Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I the only one that didn't know this? (Javelina Season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, it's true. In S.TX it is a year round season, but a limit of 2 per year. Only the honorable will use the Honor System obviously, just like bass.

Don't get caught taking one out of season in the restricted counties. Glad you brought this up. BTW, those who have never hunted them, they are a BLAST to stalk and shoot with a bow!

J.P.

Comment

We use the "honor" system when catching fish. I don't see what the big deal is with this. Also, was aware of the season in specific counties and I know I don't hunt in one of those

Comment

anyone eaten javelina? are they worth the cleaning?

Comment

Chew, your supposed to read your new book every year, they are eatable just not way up there on our list. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by dao57 View Post
            anyone eaten javelina? are they worth the cleaning?
            I have eaten a lot a javi's, only taken from the shootout though. They skin and quarter them for $10 a piece; at that price they are worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
              We use the "honor" system when catching fish. I don't see what the big deal is with this. Also, was aware of the season in specific counties and I know I don't hunt in one of those
              How is a daily bag limit of fish the same thing as a yearly bag limit with no tags for javis?

Comment

Working...
              X