Anyone have a 6.7L Diesel Dodge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a 6.7L Diesel Dodge?

I am looking at a new truck and was wondering if anyone had the 6.7 L. What are the likes/dislikes? Any RELEVANT input would be greatly appreciated. This is not a Dodge vs. Chevy vs. Ford thread.

Go to Dieselcentral dot com and look under that engine and you will see lots of info on it. Hope this helps.

Comment

my parnter has a dodge but im not sure if it is the 6.7L or not, it is an 04 model and it pulls a trailer awsome~ 75mph w/ buffalo in the trailer got 14mpg, Empty trailer~ 78mph got 16mpg.

Comment

I have one what do you need to know? Seems like a fine truck. I am partial to the mega cabs anyhow.

Comment

I had 2 6.7 2007 dodge 3500. Both were lemons i recently purchased a ford. I had no engine problems just the death wobels in the front end. Look up dodge death wobble on the net and read before you buy. Gas mileage out of the 6.7 was about 11-13 highway not real good. good luck I loved my 5.9 2003 dodge but hated the 07's i had. It almost cost my wife and younger daughter a major wreck.

Comment

Beatty, if it is an '04 then it is the 5.9.

Qzilla, what kind of mileage are you getting with yours? My boss has the 5.9 and gets 21 mpg.

Comment

My dad has an 08 model with 4 wheel drive and 35 inch tires. It has a superchip on it and it gets 18-19 mpg driving 75 to 80 mph. It gets around 14mpg in town. The superchip gives it incredible power. It only has 2000 miles on it so i cant really comment on the dependability yet.

Comment

It is also really quiet for a diesel.

Comment

I get about 14mpg in town and about 16 on the hwy. We do a LOT of testing obviously and this is pretty normal and about average or the 6.7L. If you stick any trailer behind it you will be at 10-12mpg.

one-shot,

Have him hand calculate that. The overhead is not accurate once you modify the computer.

Comment

I have had a few dodge 5.9L diesels and currently have one of the few 2007 model with the 5.9 diesel. I heard yesterday that a friend of a friend has his truck in the shop now, a 2007 6.7L, because it wasn't running right. Come to find out Dodge is not going to warranty it and it is around $17000 because they have torn into the motor. They are blaming the fuel places for having bad fuel. So this guy has had to get fuel samples from each place and I believe he is going to sue.

Comment

That sounds like a little bologna.

I would not say bad fuel but, maybe he ignored the fact that he needs ULSD?? Maybe he was just sticking LSD in it?

For $17000 you can buy 2 brand new motors and have them installed? Something sounds fishy, I would check that story out a little better.

That is why I am not much on hear say stories.

Comment

qzilla I like it when test people like you chime in on these diesel trucks. Cause most of the gas mileage stories your her are so bogus. I own a 2000 7.3 since 2000. And I know several people that have had several diffrent brands of diesel truck. they have also owned many of them and they have never got the mileage out of these trucks that people claiming to get.

Comment

Qzilla

I have an '08 6.7 and am getting about 14.5 MPG on the HWy. Is there a chip out there that can improve that?

Comment

I also have a friend whose just went down, 08 model. they claimed that rust in the tank caused the engine to go to pieces and they are not going to warranty it either.

But it all goes with who you know I guess because another buddy of mine is good friends with one of the guys at the dealership and he burnt his up with the chip with the crazy larry download,dual turbo's, etc,etc running the heck out of it and they put a new motor in it. had another dealer put a new motor in a 07 after it was run a lot on offroad fuel. THe old trucks would run offroad great! it is too dirty for the new ones and will destroy the motor. ran some offroad fuel in them when forgot to get fuel or thought had enough to make it and end up having to get some out of the tank in the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by traindude View Post
                              qzilla I like it when test people like you chime in on these diesel trucks. Cause most of the gas mileage stories your her are so bogus. I own a 2000 7.3 since 2000. And I know several people that have had several diffrent brands of diesel truck. they have also owned many of them and they have never got the mileage out of these trucks that people claiming to get.
                              I agree. most people will not (cannot) give accurate fuel milage. I once had an ol gentelman tell me there are two things Men lie about...... the mileage they get on their pickup and the size of their *@#$

Comment

Working...
                              X