Pope and Young and sight lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/QUOTE]...not sure about claw hammers tho.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen some of the roofing hammers lately, they might should consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      I think the correct terminology would be that they consider THE USE of this stuff unfair.
      I don't think they consider the people that use this stuff as unethical.

It's kinda like borders on a football field, the play was GREAT, and the guy went into the endzone, but alas,.... he stepped on the line. Inches.
      Rules are rules, and just because the rules disallow the animal to be recognized by the "club", doesn't detract from the animal.
      If that is the way they feel, then they need to make that clear.

I can tell you from personal experience, that they believe exactly what I said.

"PUBLIC PERCEPTION
      The Boone and Crockett Club is greatly concerned that the non-hunting public may confuse ethical, fair chase hunting with canned shoots, genetic manipulations and other related practices, which the Club condemns."

Ethical, fair chase hunting. They define fair chase. They define ethical.

I have no problem with a club having rules of entry for its trophy book. There need to be rules of entry for a trophy book. I have a problem with 100 people deciding what ethics are for the rest of us.

Comment

...not sure about claw hammers tho.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen some of the roofing hammers lately, they might should consider it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i have a Dead Head. It looks more like a weapon than a hammer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          I've been following this thread, while following the 300 inch deer thread and have seen some parallels.
          Some of the same posters that bash P&Y for the rules they have as a club are the same posters that will chastise someone for making negative comments on high fence or raised deer, deer killing.
          If the hunter abides by "legal means and methods" of the State of Texas, all is good, but "club rules" are stupid.
          On both sides of this coin, If it aint for you, no need to bash it, just don't participate.
          I seem to recall you lighting into a guy shooting pigs from a helicopter a while back. Seems like sound advice

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
            I seem to recall you lighting into a guy shooting pigs from a helicopter a while back. Seems like sound advice
            Yes I did, And my thoughts on that have not changed, I'm just learning to keep quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              Ok. Same concept of competitive advantage applies. With a lighted nock, and no pass through, then the hunter has the advantage of using the nock to assist in finding the animal either dead or alive.

So then it would be a "Tracking Aid" and not a shooting aid.

Comment

I plan on putting my first one in the book.. If i shoot it with my longbow and happen to have a lighted knock they wont hear about it.. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post

Yeah i have a Dead Head. It looks more like a weapon than a hammer!!!

Haha yea might just get a dead head hammer and a SOG battle hatchet and see if p&y recognizes that, that's pretty primitive isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                    I hate to be the barer of bad news but they know what you are...
                    i also hate to confirm one sense with multiple. you blow a stand one way, i'll do it another i guess.

Comment

Pretty screwy to me.......to many rules about things that are common. (85% let off, lighted/fiber optic sight etc) I will keep my deer out of the book and just put them up on my wall. Guess I will have to research what they do for bow hunting.

Comment

I'm going to start my own club. I'm only going to recognize deer that are killed by me. Minimum scores will be adjusted on an as needed bases. Please do not bash my club because you don't agree with my rules.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                          Haha yea might just get a dead head hammer and a SOG battle hatchet and see if p&y recognizes that, that's pretty primitive isn't it?
                          Yeah, talk about a Trad kill!!!!

Comment

So can I register a Pope and Young if I kill a toda in a 0.5 acre oat patch, use glow in the dark pins charged by a flashlight and use a dog for tracking? That way, I'm not hunting over a feeder, using lighted sight pins or lighted nocks. Would my scenario be OK for P&Y?

Comment

Or you could drag a tread up from the depths to try to stir the terd bowl. Hint: sometimes the search function isn't a good thing

Comment

Working...
                              X