No announcement yet.

Pope and Young and sight lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been following this thread, while following the 300 inch deer thread and have seen some parallels.
    Some of the same posters that bash P&Y for the rules they have as a club are the same posters that will chastise someone for making negative comments on high fence or raised deer, deer killing.
    If the hunter abides by "legal means and methods" of the State of Texas, all is good, but "club rules" are stupid.
    On both sides of this coin, If it aint for you, no need to bash it, just don't participate.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
      you can ruin a stand in a heartbeat if you expose yourself to a deer and it is light enough to prove what you are to the deer. i usually wait til it is too dark to tell what i am before i start my weem's howling to scatter any deer. and then i fire up a flashlight.

i assume it is legal to recharge your fiber optics with a flash of light as long as it is not a permanent light source.
      I hate to be the barer of bad news but they know what you are...

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        I hate to be the barer of bad news but they know what you are...
        And they can see after dark, that's why they don't carry flashlights.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
          the idea behind registering an animal in the p&y registry is to get recognition for killing a special animal following the rules laid down by the powers that be at p&y. they have made the recent concession to technology by including the asterisk. it is refreshing to see a club that hasn't acquiesced to the pc standards several seem to call for and hold to their beliefs. if cheating and lying to get your trophy recognized as recommended earlier is necessary, why do it at all?
          I think they probably had to concede to the asterisk to avoid eliminating compound shooters altogether and driving them towards SCI and others. I can't remember the last time I saw a compound with only a 65% let-off.

Comment

I would contend that you can't enter a deer into P&Y or B&C that you have seen on a trail camera.

I. Spotting or herding game from the air, followed by landing in its vicinity for the purpose of pursuit and shooting;
            II. Herding or chasing with the aid of any motorized equipment;
            III. Use of electronic communication devices to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities, thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls or cameras/timers/motion tracking devices that transmit images and other information to the hunter;
            IV. Confined by artificial barriers, including escape-proof fenced enclosures;
            V. Transplanted for the purpose of commercial shooting;
            VI. By the use of traps or pharmaceuticals;
            VII. While swimming, helpless in deep snow, or helpless in any other natural or artificial medium;
            VIII. On another hunter’s license;
            IX. Not in full compliance with the game laws or regulations of the federal government or of any state, province, territory, or tribal council on reservations or tribal lands;

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
              And smell you LONH after you're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                I would contend that you can't enter a deer into P&Y or B&C that you have seen on a trail camera.

I. Spotting or herding game from the air, followed by landing in its vicinity for the purpose of pursuit and shooting;
                III. Use of electronic communication devices to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities, thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls or cameras/timers/motion tracking devices that transmit images and other information to the hunter;
                VII. While swimming, helpless in deep snow, or helpless in any other natural or artificial medium;
                IX. Not in full compliance with the game laws or regulations of the federal government or of any state, province, territory, or tribal council on reservations or tribal lands;
                Technically you are right.
                Same applies to feeders,(electronic attracting device).

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  Technically you are right.
                  Same applies to feeders,(electronic attracting device).
                  Welp that's it im not liking P&Y anymore. I'm o n the band wagon with everyone else now. Not giving up my TC or feeder. Guess I never did enough research about them, never knew they were such stiffs.
                  Last edited by BBReezen; 08-07-2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

If my memory serves me right, P&Y did some "rule clarification", that allows the use of game cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      If my memory serves me right, P&Y did some "rule clarification", that allows the use of game cameras.

Would be smart... if they didn't (don't) they are going to ride that horse all the way off the top of the cliff... as you can see by the poster above...

The issue for me isn't really that they clarify or don't clarify... it is that they actually judge people that use any of this stuff as unethical and unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by bill1201 View Post
                        I think they probably had to concede to the asterisk to avoid eliminating compound shooters altogether and driving them towards SCI and others. I can't remember the last time I saw a compound with only a 65% let-off.
                        I shoot a Mathews and it's at 65%. Only a **** shoots 80% letoff...

And like I said before, their club, their rules. geez, just don't join...

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                          LOL I was thinking the same thing!!!

Comment

Would be smart... if they didn't (don't) they are going to ride that horse all the way off the top of the cliff... as you can see by the poster above...

The issue for me isn't really that they clarify or don't clarify... it is that they actually judge people that use any of this stuff as unethical and unfair.
                            While I agree with you 100% it really isn't any different than any other "club". Even hunting clubs as far as that goes. I don't believe they're saying you're not a real hunter if you do these things, it's just something to make the club more prestigious. Really when you think about it, a 125" deer isn't "that big". I feel like a lot of us have let bigger deer than that walk. If you shoot him going 100% off of their rules then that changes the game a little. That's just my $.02 though.

Comment

I think the correct terminology would be that they consider THE USE of this stuff unfair.
                              I don't think they consider the people that use this stuff as unethical.
                              It's kinda like borders on a football field, the play was GREAT, and the guy went into the endzone, but alas,.... he stepped on the line. Inches.
                              Rules are rules, and just because the rules disallow the animal to be recognized by the "club", doesn't detract from the animal.

Comment

Let me say this. Encinal can prolly remember. I was once totally agains high fence hunting. As well as xbows. I guess i finally saw the light. There is too much division. Yes i argue about rage and whisker b's. But im at the point if you hunt high fence guinies with a claw hammer ill support you as long as you are hunting. I just think the P&Y rules are silly. And im a former member. Thats why i throw my support to SCI as far as hunting organizations. Cuz they are First For Hunters. High fence, low fence, trad, compound, fire arm,,,, not sure about claw hammers tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X