Pope and Young and sight lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    Ok. Same concept of competitive advantage applies. With a lighted nock, and no pass through, then the hunter has the advantage of using the nock to assist in finding the animal either dead or alive.
    So using a tracking dog for recovery should disqualify as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
      So using a tracking dog for recovery should disqualify as well?
      Since the dog is not attached to your bow, or isnt lighted or electronic, then if it is allowed by the books it would be fine to me.

You are not using the dog for competitive advantage like electronics are giving you. You still have to make the fatal shot within the laws of the hunting and club regulations.

Does it have rules about recovery in the book?

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
        Jason
        The 80# "*" mark is gone and 29" does not disqualify you, a bow shorter tba 30" does, that includes cams.
        I also know you choose not to join the club but have you looked at the conservation side of it where you don't need to be part of the record keeping? Here's the deal for me, sci is great but I don't shoot a gun, p&y is the only national org that represents bowhunters exclusively whether you like all the rules or not.(and there are a few I don't shred with)

Next,
        A lighted nock can help in the recovery of game if it stays in the animal. So its excluded.

It was mentioned earlier in a post that the poster uses the lighted pins because sometimes it gets a little dark and can't see through the peep. It opens the door to "a little dark" meaning 11pm at night dark. I would bet very few on here look at their sights while in the stand at 1/2 hour after sunset and if you did you would notice you can see you pins. So with legal hunting time ending 1/2 hr after sunset the lighted pin issue isn't as big of a deal as perceived. But then again, if you are willing to shoot a buck that would qualify and pull the lights off and never mention it why would anyone think you wouldn't shoot a buck after legal shooting hours, I mean you've already displayed your ethics and integrity on the light issue.
        Agree totally! Update.......SCI now has a bowhunting ONLY section to it's organization as sooooo many bowhunters are displeased with P&Y! Seems to be getting a ton of momenteum also as folks are realizing that technology is changing and P&Y is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Agree totally! Update.......SCI now has a bowhunting ONLY section to it's organization as sooooo many bowhunters are displeased with P&Y! Seems to be getting a ton of momenteum also as folks are realizing that technology is changing and P&Y is not.
          Bingo!!!

Comment

once the arrow leaves the string, any electronic advantage is pretty well limited to help finding the downed deer. if that is subject to any help a lighted nock gives you, wouldn't having a camcorder tracking the arrow do the same thing? i guess they have some logic, and i will submit if my new matthews switchback is considered a legal bow. oh yeah, i guess i should also consider doing something i have never done before too. i'll send up some ldp's if and when.

Comment

There are tracking devices out there that are electronic now that strap to the bow to help find the downed deer. I could see where that would be illegal as well as the leoupold vendetta being on the bow. That being said, even if you didn't have a light on your sight or a lighted nock on the arrow you shoot the deer with but one on another arrow with that arrow in the quiver mounted to the bow, would that still be illegal seeing how technically the arrow would be a part of the bow and therefor the bow would have an electronic piece on it?

Comment

If a Leupold Vendetta would be illegal then shouldnt my hand held Leupold be illegal too? They do the same thing.

Comment

Good info here

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    If a Leupold Vendetta would be illegal then shouldnt my hand held Leupold be illegal too? They do the same thing.
                    They do not do the same thing. The vendetta has a laser that is used to align the device. It is not permanently disabled after alignment, so it could be used as an aiming device. Your hand held RF does not have the red visible laser.

Comment

They do not do the same thing. The vendetta has a laser that is used to align the device. It is not permanently disabled after alignment, so it could be used as an aiming device. Your hand held RF does not have the red visible laser.
                      I was just speaking from having an electronic device on your bow, whether it has a laser or not. I wasn't talking about all rangefinders. But I did read why Texas had made the vendetta illegal at a time because of the chance of the laser.

Comment

It does the same thing in the end. It tells you the distance to target.

Comment

Yes. And if it is attached to the bow, then you are DQd from entering an animal in PY. Competitive advantage over others.

Like a corked bat. They are both used to hit a baseball, but one can hit it further because it is lighter.

Comment

Yes. And if it is attached to the bow, then you are DQd from entering an animal in PY. Competitive advantage over others.

Like a corked bat. They are both used to hit a baseball, but one can hit it further because it is lighter.
                            Im not dq'd. You wont catch me submitting nada to em anyhow.

Now lets talk about competitive advantage. Seems to me if that is the issue only Trad bow kills would be allowed to submit there animals???
                            Last edited by JW; 08-07-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Now lets talk about competitive advantage. Seems to me if that is the issue only Trad bow kills would be allowed to submit there animals???
                              shhhhhhhhh.......................now that is another can o worms! LOL! But true!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                shhhhhhhhh.......................now that is another can o worms! LOL! But true!!!
                                Lmao. So much for competitive advantage!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X