Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Negligent Discharge,,,Anyone seen this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negligent Discharge,,,Anyone seen this??

Here is a guy that accidently shot himself in the leg with a .45. From all the arguments that the .45 is the best, it sure did not incapacitate him, he was able to walk from his reloading area to get help, However, he bled alot, j/k.

This is all about safety, see his account at the end. Here is the link

I carry a colt 45, I surely will be extra careful, more than usual.

Comment

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That won't buff out.

Comment

3 years ago at the Elm Fork Public Range in Dallas on Luna Road, a guy had finished sighting in his deer rifle,packed his stuff up and was walking back to his car when he dropped his carry bag.
          BANG! and he hit the ground......screaming that someone had shot him!

What had happened is he'd forgotten he had a loaded 44 magnum REVOLVER in his bag and it discharged when he dropped it.

Lucky him it was only in the leg....but how do you FORGET that you're carrying a loaded pistol?

Comment

pat it sounds like the guy dont need to be carryin a pistol to me...lucky no one but him was hurt......i heard a story of some guys in texas...driving to another pasture and threw the guns in back driving down the highway to the pasture and one of the guns went off and shot the driver in the back and killed him....crazy stuff....ya gotta respect em cuz they bite back if mistreated

Comment

This story hits home as I almost took off my knee with my .357 Mag when I was younger. My lesson was learned. Hope he heals up ok...it could have been a lot worse....Sounds ironic, but he's a lucky guy!

Comment

I call dumb ***!!
                Sorry it happened to the guy.

We were target shooting up at LBJ years ago when it was legal. As we were loading up a friend placed a .22 rifle in my car trunk. I was standing next to the trunk by the gas tank filler cap and heard a loud "POP". Yep, the dumb *** forgot to unload and the gun went off. I leaned over into the trunk and saw a bullet hole right in front of me about abdomen high... Fortunately the shot didn't penetrate through the exterior. And yes, I bitched and screamed...
                Real glad it wasn't a 30.06

Comment

That looks bad.

Comment

This seems appropriate for this thread...

Keep weapons away from this nOOB!!At all times if you care for your life!!!

Sonny

Comment

This is not an accidental discharge.

This guy is a future Darwin Award winner, he needs to start signing autographs now while he still can.

Comment

Gun safety is always on my mind. Just recently a teacher in Baytown was killed by his dog. He left a load shotgun in the bed of his truck with his dog in there also. I don't recall the whole story but he was opening the tail gate when the dog stepped on the trigger and the shot hit him in the leg. It bust thru the femer artery and he bleed to death. He was hunting with an old student of his that did everything he could.

Comment

Knew a quick draw artist when I was still in highschool. I worked in a sportings good store. He didn't come around for about 6 weeks. When he finally came in he was sporting a full length walking cast on his right leg. Seems he didn't quiet clear the holster took his knee cap off with a 357 wad cutter.

Comment

Working...
                          X