No announcement yet.

"Why do we need assault weapons?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I history there are only two types of people those that are armed and those that are unarmed.. and the the unarmed serve at the the behest of the armed ... its that simple.. myself ... I'm armed and will stay that way until i stop breathing so help me god!!!

Comment

Thinks about this! We have laws against drugs (drug laws) and that don't stop drugs from being possessed, sold or purchased. Do you really think that a new gun law would stop ppl from having them?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
        Please keep this civil as I would like this thread to last. A politically neutral friend of mine is posting on facebook asking why American civilians need assault rifles, and suggesting that they be banned. Here is an excerpt.

"To me, guns serve only two civilian purposes: self-defense and hunting. Why would you need an assault rifle for either of these purposes? And it's not the firepower of the gun that's so important; it's the capacity of the magazine, of which assault rifles generally are larger. This allows for a wider range of damage across targets, say, in shooting sprees. There is a problem, however, in that if someone wants to kill people, they'll find a way to do it. We shouldn't outlaw civilian possession of firearms in general, only those styles which can injure many people at one time."

The last sentence concerns me. What would you say?
        Let me ask you this, is your friend able to properly identify what an assault rifle is? I think you will be surprised by his answer. If he says an AR-15 then i would unfriend him immediately.

Comment

My friend ask me once "why do you need a clip that holds 14 bullets". I said in case I miss on the 13th round. We no longer speak.

Comment

"why do you need a clip that holds 14 bullets"
            So my time on the range is spent shooting and not reloading magazines.

Simple enough answer to comprehend. Kind of like shooting arrows at an archery range......pulling ain't an 1/8 fun as shooting them, and the fellow who only brought 3 arrows is gonna wait a bit as the other fellow shooting 5 or 10 arrows, at 4 -5 different targets completes to pull.

The more those that OPPOSE, DISPUTE.....basically point negative vibes\comments\statements etc about guns....I'll continue to educate them in all aspects of them.....including my closing comments about gun laws in Mexico and the PROLIFERATION OF ILLEGALLY USED AND OWNED WEAPONS in the support of CARTELS & MEXICAN CRIME! I'll also inquire to them.......what do you protect your family with> What are your plans for engaging an armed crack head who's now standing in your livingroom...breaking in unannounced...if and when it happens? More pistol biased stuff here...but guns are guns........Ever suffered an automotive break-down on a dark night, country road, miles from no where.....and off in the distance you hear the BOOM BOOM BOOM SOUND of BASS MUSIC with headlights headed your way.....gonna feel comfortable standing there only with an IPHONE and no cell tower reception? How about.....breaking down on a Western Hill Country road.....nighttime...you start the walk toward that gas station a few miles previously passed up the road when you notice a very large cat.....I mean a super large cat.....slowly working it's way across the bar ditch in a low crouch....how's that IPHONE feel in your hand now?!?!?!
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-29-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
              I don't own any assault weapons. I only own hunting weapons. When I am hunting things with multiple targets, ie feral hogs, I want as many shots possible to kill,maim, disable as many of those hogs as possible.
              x2

Comment

No such thing as an assault weapon. A gun is just a gun the fact it has a plastic stock and is black makes know difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasredneck View Post
                  ^^^^ This!!!
                  IT IS CALLED FREEDOM AND EXIST ONLY IN A DEMOCRACY
                  which by the way we are loosing fast enough without the uninformed and gun grabbing whaco's helping

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Founding fathers would have insisted on WE THE PEOPLE have free access to the same weapons the government has...probably not nukes but ground defense weapons.
                    take away our AR 15 it won't stop there....by the end we will BB guns."

this^^

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                      BOTTOM LINE.... It is our right to own them. Give that up and we are done as being land of the free.

amen

Comment

I think everyone has missed the obvious point !! a gun without bullets is nothing more than a club!!!! or useless paper weight SO large clips keeps it the realm of a useful tool. duh...

Comment

I think this is my longest running thread! Good stuff y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                            I think this is my longest running thread! Good stuff y'all.
                            It won't die! I subscribed to it when you started it and it keeps coming back up. Good stuff here!

Ike

Comment

Working...
                            X