First Duck Hunt FIRST Band!(pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gander View Post
    I was wonderin.....who is the fellow wearing the black Longneck Outfitters hoodie, I have some good buddys that guide for them and even know the owner

thats me. brandon brezina. one of my good friends is brian schreckenbach who owns www.blackfootguideservice.com out of lubbock. i have hunted several times over the years with them along with brandon who used to own long neck at their end of the year fun hunts. have you been there for any of those? a few years we have had up to 30 people in the spread along with 120 dozens decoys!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Threat View Post
      thats me. brandon brezina. one of my good friends is brian schreckenbach who owns www.blackfootguideservice.com out of lubbock. i have hunted several times over the years with them along with brandon who used to own long neck at their end of the year fun hunts. have you been there for any of those? a few years we have had up to 30 people in the spread along with 120 dozens decoys!!!!
      I go to school in Lubbock and am really good friends with Casey McDermand, who guided alot for Longneck and still occasionally does. I also know Caseys roommate Andrew Taylor who if I am correct is doing some guiding for Longneck this year. I hunted a few times with those guys last year, great group of guys.

Comment

Cool, congrats on the banded bird

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
          I go to school in Lubbock and am really good friends with Casey McDermand, who guided alot for Longneck and still occasionally does. I also know Caseys roommate Andrew Taylor who if I am correct is doing some guiding for Longneck this year. I hunted a few times with those guys last year, great group of guys.
          i hunted a couple years with casey. tall guy that likes to have fun. he cooked about 40 steaks one night for all of us. great guy.

Comment

My father in law got me into duck hunting a couple years ago and it can be a lot of fun. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Great first shoot. Watch-out, duck hunting classifies as a clinical addiction when you're hooked.

I assume you know you can get the bird's history on their web site with the # on the band, before they mail you a little certificate.

Originally posted by Berandel View Post
                Good hunt! If you don't like duck meat, you haven't cooked it correctly.
                There were a bunch of duck hunters waiting to get into a Cali waterfowl refuge during the season, and the subject of cooking ducks came up. Funniest thing I'd seen- a whole bunch of grizzly-lookin guys in old camo, 4:45am in the dark and fog, sharing their recipes. One guy swore it was over-cooking that made wild duck taste like liver, made my promise to try to cook some medium-rare next time and then tell him it tasted like liver. Another swore the 'secret' was to soak in a brine with salt and sugar 30 minutes. I find I cook it with bacon, jalapeños, onion or other strong-tasting foods (to help mask the duck flavor).

Comment

Working...
                X