Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no

Comment

I would have to say no, to many people i know that i don't trust with a gun.

Comment

I know one thing, if it does pass I'm gonna buy stock in a body armor company......After the first 20-30 shoot outs in Wal-mart...there will be tons of it purchased...Hmmmmm.....designer body armor for the work place....might have to check into that

Comment

I have had a CCL as long as it has been allowed. It would not bother me at all to have open carry in Texas. But I will hold off on this petition. I did not see anywhere where there would test or class that would be involved. Unless I missed something.

It would help me because I am a big man.But I carry a small gun.... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
            I will not sign it.
            CCW works just fine for my purposes.
            Me too. I don't want the thug that plans on doing me harm to know that I am armed. The element of surprise is worth a lot. If you are carrying open IMO there would be more killing by the determined thugs. Instead of not knowing I believe if they were really intent on robbing you or whatever if they saw you carrying open they would just shoot you anyway and still take your belongings.

Originally posted by SP77511 View Post
            I know one thing, if it does pass I'm gonna buy stock in a body armor company......After the first 20-30 shoot outs in Wal-mart...there will be tons of it purchased...Hmmmmm.....designer body armor for the work place....might have to check into that
            You're kidding about the Wal-Mart shootouts rights? That's the same thing the nay sayers said when CHL came to Texas.

Blood running in the streets.......NOT!
            Last edited by Mike D; 01-25-2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Me too. I don't want the thug that plans on doing me harm to know that I am armed. The element of surprise is worth a lot. If you are carrying open IMO there would be more killing by the determined thugs. Instead of not knowing I believe if they were really intent on robbing you or whatever if they saw you carrying open they would just shoot you anyway and still take your belongings.

You're kidding about the Wal-Mart shootouts rights? That's the same thing the nay sayers said when CHL came to Texas.

Blood running in the streets.......NOT!
              I hope that I would be wrong...CHL is not the same as the open carry..
              And I didnt see anything in the petition, other than being legal to own a firearm. No training,firearm safety would be required...I think you would have problems..

Comment

Originally posted by OLIVER65 View Post
                I hate the fact that I have to hide my gun.
                I'm a little curious about this statement. What good reason is there for carrying an exposed weapon? Remember, concealment means the bad guy doesn't know who has a gun and who doesn't. Exposed means he takes you out first!

Comment

I'm with you Fishndude. In the event of an altercation, I would prefer the POS not to know until it is too late, not be his first target!

The general theory i don't have a big grievance with, but there needs to be a lot more specificity than an 8 item list someone made over their lunch break!

As it has been presented - I would have to say No. And yes a I have my CHL and i don't leave home without mine (plural).

Comment

What is the purpose of wanting to carry your eight inch pistolero on your hip and leg? Little man syndrome? Like being the first one taken out by thugs?

The author needs to meet Berandel and get his arse whooped!

Uh, no....I ain't singing or signing it!

Comment

As gun owners we should be defending the rights of gun owners. If someone is legal to own one they should be allowed to carry however they want? If we can't even agree on things like this it is going to be easy for anti gun people to use the two sides against each other. Please defend all gun rights and quit fighting against each other. If someone stole your gun and killed someone it would not be your fault anymore than if someone stole your car and killed someone. It isn't your fault if someone steals something from you. We need to be more open minded about OUR gun rights. I numerous states you are allowed to carry open and it is not a problem.

Comment

In the future I will not post on these issues. I should have known better.

Comment

This more of a difference of opinion that an argument. I personally couldn't condone a "light 'em if you got 'em" attitude with firearms. With CC, there is at least some training and proof that you are reasonably familiar with your gun, as well as an investigation that says you're not some POS looking for an advantage in your next crime. With no holds barred open carry, anybody can carry. I'm not comfortable with that.

Comment

Originally posted by OLIVER65 View Post
                            As gun owners we should be defending the rights of gun owners. If someone is legal to own one they should be allowed to carry however they want? If we can't even agree on things like this it is going to be easy for anti gun people to use the two sides against each other. Please defend all gun rights and quit fighting against each other. If someone stole your gun and killed someone it would not be your fault anymore than if someone stole your car and killed someone. It isn't your fault if someone steals something from you. We need to be more open minded about OUR gun rights. I numerous states you are allowed to carry open and it is not a problem.
                            I dont believe you will find 1 person on here that will not defend gun owners rights. I'm sure 100% of the people on here own at least 1 fire arm. Most of the backlash is how the petition is written. It didnt state that you would need CHL, any firearm safety, hunters ed or anything. I just cant see people walking around town, shopping malls or city parks with exposed guns. Recipe for disaster. If it does pass, I would still keep mine out of sight..

Comment

I really didn't want to get deep in to this one, still don't. In theory you are right about gun owners defending "the right". This particular instance i do not totally agree with the way this is worded. I know a lot of gun owners that shoot recreationally, at the range, at the lease, etc. that i have no problem with. These same people with a handgun, in a crowded mall or grocery store when "it' goes bad, totally different story. If they won't take the time to go to the class and do what is necessary to carry in order to defend themselves now, what does that say to their discipline to harbor the responsibility of carrying a deadly weapon. Let me be clear - That is a very general statement, I know several people who can handle weapons perfectly, that have not had the time to make it to the class, I am NOT saying if one has not had the class, they are not capable of handling a firearm. My concern is that if this were to pass, as it has been presented, my grandma would be legal to carry, I love her to death, but I would be more afraid of her than the POS. Friendly fire ... Isn't! Also like Txcoon said, the last time i renewed, there were some people in there i didn't even want to be on the range with! I think the current requirements are too easy, but at least there are some "qualifications" necessary.

I don't think the fate of gun ownership is in question here. I am a little rusty on out of state regs because i don't travel much anymore, but i think some of the states you listed as "conspicuous carry" states, do not allow concealed carry. I don't think any of them allow both? Either way if it were to come to a choice for me, i would not hesitate to vote NO on this one. I prefer to keep the bad guys guessing, not to the outcome, that's inevitable, just to from where!

Comment

I signed

Tink

Comment

Working...
                                X