No announcement yet.

Open Carry In Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carried open in Africa for 9 years when a guy seeing you are carryign he doesn't start trouble or give you lip etc

Comment

Yeah Tink, but all they had was a spear and a sack full of rocks!

Comment

Oliver, don't take your toys and go home! That is another great thing about our constitution, just like the right to bear arms, you have the right to free speech!

I think, as do most who have replied, it is a much bigger deterant to criminals when they know there are people carrying guns, but don't know specifically who and how many than being able to strategically determine their plan based on who is obviously going to be a problem.

Plus there are way too many "holes" in the basis of the petition.

I'm done now, time to go play on my space! Work? What work

Comment

I here what you're saying Tink, BUT, when they don't know who is and who ain't carrying ... therein lies the ? for the bad guy. Do Ya Feel Lucky Punk? Well Do Ya!? It's easy for them when they know! (whistle the Good, Bad and the Ugly)

Comment

I do think it needs to be cleared up but it is a start I like it as an option to cc.
            I don't always want to worry about some one seeing my gun and then them freaking out.Like I said its a start it certainly would not pass any legislation the way it is written.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              Yeah Tink, but all they had was a spear and a sack full of rocks!
              Blew diet coke outta my nose on that one..LOL

Comment

Ok I will jump in. First, let me say that I fully support our CC law and I am an avid supporter of gun ownership rights. However, I have had 2 occassions that made me a little uncomfortable. First was a guy in our church who insisted on bringing his weapon into church. It would have been no problem if he would have kept it concealed. Even though I think a CC license prohibits carrying in Churchs and dispaying it when not intending to use it. This guy was a little let's say "touched" and I think he enjoyed letting people know he was packing. In my opinion he should not have been able to get a cc license. I don't think he was very stable. The other was at the grocery store one day when the guy next to me reached up to get something off the top shelf and his jacket slipped up and exposed his weapon in his belt. There was something that just made me feel a little uncomfortable with someone right next to me packing. But if some other idiot had walked into the store shooting I would be hoping there were many others there with their concealed weapons there to take him out. All that said I would probably not support an open carry law there are to many kooks out there.

Comment

"6. A criminal will not open carry a weapon because he does not want to draw attention to himself. We believe that a citizen openly carrying a handgun lawfully will be a deterrent for crime"

Im going to have to disagree with nimber six and agree with Fishndude. It just makes the citizen that is carrying the first target when a crime is going down.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                    I may be in the minority here but I'm not sure I want everyone who can leagally purchase a gun to be toting one.

I like the idea of going through a CCL class and proving your shooting ability, and learning when and when not to clear leather. I know alot of people who can legally buy a pistol but I wouldn't be comfortable around them handling a pistol.

Just my $.02
                    So, passing a driving test should make one a responsible driver right? You know? No alcohol consumption, no exceeding the posted speed limit, no passing on the right, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by LostHawg View Post
                      So, passing a driving test should make one a responsible driver right? You know? No alcohol consumption, no exceeding the posted speed limit, no passing on the right, etc?
                      No, it doesn't. But could you imagine what it would be like if just anybody could go buy a $200 car and take to the highways with no instruction, experience or practice?

Comment

Passing Sex Ed should make one a responsible parent right?

Comment

I don't see a need for an open carry law in Texas. I don't think our LE people would be in favor of this at all.

Trailboss

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                            No, it doesn't. But could you imagine what it would be like if just anybody could go buy a $200 car and take to the highways with no instruction, experience or practice?
                            Tell me, does that stop morons from drinking before driving to their kid's football game? Does it stop them from speeding through the school zone? Does it stop criminals from stealing vehicles and using them to commit other crimes? NO. It only stops, CONTROLS, the law abiding citizens. Those with respect for the legal system that oppresses them.

Comment

I don't think we need anymore laws. I think we need to abolish those that violate the Constitution.

Comment

I don't know how you force people to obey the law, that said, I still don't understand your point. Are you advocating NO laws or restrictions on anything, simply because they can't be enforced 100%?

Comment

Working...
                                X