Does anyone have a new 08 Tundra 4x4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a new 08 Tundra 4x4.

Thinking of purchasing a new truck and I went and drove the new crew max 4x4 tundra today. I know this is not a truck website, but figured someone that hunts as much as we do on this site might have input on the Tundras. Any and all goods and bads on this truck please throw em out there. Thanks, Catfish.

I can't give you any input except that if I could get rid of my current truck without taking a beating, I would be driving one. I love that truck.

But it's probably best anyway. They are coming out with a diesel (hopefully in '09) and are considering a CrewMax long bed.

Comment

It's a TOYOTA!!! Of course there are only the GOODS!!! Aint never no bads!

Comment

Mine is 2wd and a double cab, but I love it. My 4th toyota I have owned and the only problem I have ever had with them is my 85 blew a head gasket, but then again, it was 20 years old.

I am waiting for them to come out with the diesal, then I'll get a Crewmax.

Comment

My brother has the full size Tundra 4X4..

His lease this year was a good two hour drive off pavement in Old Mexico.

His main observation?

"No way my King Ranch Ford would stay in alignment on these roads... the Toyota has no problem."

You can wail on these things. One of my brother's best hunting buddies owns a dealership. He punishes his free truck like you would not believe.

Comment

got an 07 4x4 it it has been great ! have a 2000 2wd and it has been great ! 200,000 miles and have had a water pump go out .thats it! got my at durants in weatherford . john mcguire is a great guy ! great service ! give them a chance !

Comment

I bought a new '07 Tundra about 5 weeks ago. My last two vehicles were Ford F150s and this Tundra puts them to shame.

It's the smoothest riding and quietest truck I have ever been in. It runs like a scalded dog and stops on dime. If I don't have the cruise control on I have to remember to check the speedometer; I think I'm doing about 70 and look down to see it's closer to 85.

Comment

I have an 06 and love it. I am waiting for the diesel to come out before I look into getting a new one. However, I did test drive the new ones when they came out and WHEW, the power is unbelievable!

Comment

Not an '08 but I have a '07 Double Cab Long bed, 4X4, 5.7. I still have my old truck a '96 Tacoma 4X4...if this Tundra is as trouble free as it has been I will be very happy. The Tundra is smooth and quiet on the road. I wish it had more ground clearance stock but I am about to lift it a little to help out on the deer lease. It runs like a hot rod with the 5.7. I am averaging 14.2 mpg which includes city, hwy, on the lease in 4 wheel drive and hauling 2000 lbs of corn on a couple of occasions. That is the true average as I write down every tank of gas and record and keep a running average on totals miles to gallons consumed. The only "knocks" that I know of is the weak tailgate and the so called bed bounce which I have not experienced. Check out the Tundra Forum on Toyota Solutions.com http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/

Comment

I have a 02 tacoma and I would love to upgrade. I have 207000 miles on it and it has held together very well. I have heard of rumors about the new tundras having engine problems but I have not researched it yet. What kind of mileage does the tundra get?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
                      I have a 02 tacoma and I would love to upgrade. I have 207000 miles on it and it has held together very well. I have heard of rumors about the new tundras having engine problems but I have not researched it yet. What kind of mileage does the tundra get?
                      The only engine problems that I have heard of was the camshaft failure on a few vehicles. The story is that Toyota replaced the engines on those vehicles. It was supposed to be a small percentage of vehicles affected. See my original post concerning your mileage question.

Comment

The camshafts were only a few vehicles when they first started producing the new tundras and they took care of it right away. I have a friend that works at the plant and he said you wouldn't believe the QA/QC they've got going on.

Comment

If you haven't bought one yet and can wait another 6 months, you may want to look at the new F-150. It has the 6-spd transmission among quite a few other additions over the "older" body style. My '04 (newer body style) crew 4X4 has been nothing short of great for over 110K miles, aside from a couple of hickups that were quickly fixed. I've beaten the hell out of my truck from 50 miles down PINS to 50 miles back a mountain logging road in ID and she still drives like new. Hell, I bet she'd still stop and pull that shipping container and the Tundra dropped off a cliff 110K miles later

Seriously though, I like the new Tundra, the power it has and the looks for the most part, but you won't ever find me driving a Japanese owned manufactured half-ton or larger truck... With the state our American manufacturers are in, i'd invite you to take a look at their offerings.

Comment

Just go test drive one and your bound to go home with it. I purchased an 07 Tundra 4X4 TRD double cab. Did a few modifications and I can't get enough of this truck. 381 horses brother, and that is stock! I test drove a Yota, Dodge & a Chevy. I kept comparing all of them to the Toyota. Great vehicle. I'm patriotic and all, but this is just more truck for your money. I've had it for 5 months and have had no problems. Gas is good, but I don't blame the economy on my Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              With the state our American manufacturers are in, i'd invite you to take a look at their offerings.
                              Built in San Antonio with Texas pride and Texas workers.

Comment

Working...
                              X