No announcement yet.

Game Cameras that mms/email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is roAming a concern when the sim card will only be used for textIng photos? Is there a charge for text Sent when it is roaming?
    Last edited by Plain Lucky; 08-06-2012, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
      Why is roAming a concern when the sim card will only be used for textIng photos? Is there a charge for text Sent when it is roaming?
      I get a good ATT signal in Mexico but every now and then it will switch to Mex Tel and thats where the roaming charges can hurt you even with a International plan. My Samsung Galaxy s2 allows me to turn the roaming off and I have no problems after I do that. Yes, I will have to check with customer service. But I was on chasing Game forum and someone said the Go phone sim card would not work anymore in them since a software updeate had been done.

Comment

I would go to an Att store and talk with them. I think they can give you a regular sim card and set it up on a prepaid plan ( go phone). You are correct on the regular go phones you buy in the big box stores. I want to say they are locked to the phone. They should also be able to fix your roaming problems too. The last time i went to fish falcon i had some roaming charges. I called them and they put an international roaming restriction on my phone number.

Comment

quote: I called them and they put an international roaming restriction on my phone number.

Cool. If they can do that it should work just on ATT and no roaming charges!

Comment

I use the Moultree GPS transmitter system. It works better than the first generation one that I used to have. It all really depends on your cell signal. I have it on the AT&T network. If you have the Edge network, which is the slower then 3G, I complicates things. It's fine for sending a few pictures each upload. But if you want a lot of pictures it can really get backed up. But, when it works it's awesome.

Comment

@ deerfeeder. Gary I used in Mexico on the ranch. it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                If only we had cell service at the lease lol.
                Yep, gonna be awhile before I can get one of these.

Comment

Tuned in

Comment

Has moltrie came up with a Txt to phone system yet? I have several of the cams that will hook up to the module posted above but I would rather get txt updates rather than have to log onto and expensive web site. Any advice

Comment

Working...
                    X