Rattle Snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattle Snakes

We have seen a couple rattle snakes out on the ranch and managed to kill 2 of them. this one is 5 feet long and had 14 rattles. anyone else have rattle snakes around them?

Yep I killed one a few days ago.Seen 11 snakes that day but only one was a rattlesnake.

Comment

Killed about a dozen since turkey season started

Comment

We goy one on the Ozona lease yesturday. Boiut 3ft long.

Comment

Saw a timber rattler on my lease here in Grimes county last Friday. Only the second one I have seen here in my life.....been in this area 37yrs. I didnt kill it so I couldnt measure it but it was well over 4ft., closer to 5ft.

Comment

It may not look like it in the pic but this thing was a toad.. the scythe is about 18" long so I'm guessing the snake was 4.5-5 ft and as big around as my fore arm.
            Attached Files

Comment

Killed 2 down here in the last week.One was 38 inches long and the other 35.They are out on the prowl down here in all this saltgrass....

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Saw a timber rattler on my lease here in Grimes county last Friday. Only the second one I have seen here in my life.....been in this area 37yrs. I didnt kill it so I couldnt measure it but it was well over 4ft., closer to 5ft.
                Hopefully the truck loads they replenishied over here at the Trinity will migrate your way, we got plenty of them now.

Protected too!

Comment

Killed 2 over spring break, one was a 5 footer, and killed one in SA at work on Friday.. I stepped on him!..

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                    It may not look like it in the pic but this thing was a toad.. the scythe is about 18" long so I'm guessing the snake was 4.5-5 ft and as big around as my fore arm.
                    Having used a brush blade in my younger days I know it is not as small as it looks against the snake. That or a long handled hoe is a preferred non shooting weapon for serpents

Comment

Working...
                    X