No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course the dirt was pretty decent where these came from.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
      of course the dirt was pretty decent where these came from.
      Those are awesome! Where are the points that were witrh them??????

Comment

Been reading this thread. This is awesome stuff!! Just found out that I work with your brother.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Those are awesome! Where are the points that were witrh them??????
          Most are just Tucked away..... awesome thread.

Comment

Awesome stuff and very cool thread.... Love the colors of the points

Comment

Hit it a little while yesterday and then a little while today. Got in 4 hours or so and found about 150.

Found a Wells with a twin

Found a cool serrated point with side notches and killer flaking on the ears.

Got another little MFG point and a broke.

Got an Andice that was exhausted and a bunch of nice points that I didnt get closeups of.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by atchunter View Post
                Been reading this thread. This is awesome stuff!! Just found out that I work with your brother.
                You a controller?

Comment

I would love to do that one day. Never have found one, but look all the time.

Comment

Holy smokin wells!!!!! Thats a beautiful pair. That injun was a master knapper!!! Your gonna have a killer frame of wells when your done with this dig. Im jeaulous!!

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                      Holy smokin wells!!!!! Thats a beautiful pair. That injun was a master knapper!!! Your gonna have a killer frame of wells when your done with this dig. Im jeaulous!!
                      Over all, Wells is a pretty rare point type and around 7500 years old. I have about 5,000 of them right now. Of course not all of them are that quality but several are.

Comment

Over all, Wells is a pretty rare point type and around 7500 years old. I have about 5,000 of them right now. Of course not all of them are that quality but several are.
                        Yes sir, early to middle archaic! Quit rubbing it in....

Comment

Sorry...didnt mean to rub it in, I sure do like Wells though. Lots of em here but the distribution is narrow.

Comment

Sorry...didnt mean to rub it in, I sure do like Wells though. Lots of em here but the distribution is narrow.
                            I was just messin with you. I love wells points also. I will have to get a pic of my serrated wells to share with you, its a smoker!

Comment

Had to dig a frame out of the safe. I only have three total wells points. Its the blue/gray one, has a small base fracture. Sorry for poor pics.

Little more eye candy.

A wells I found laying next to a big mossasaur vertabrae.

A pic of it stuck in the vertabrae to mess with a buddy of mine and he fell for it.

Comment

Hey ! Now whos rubbing it in? There are several in that frame that I would class wells. Love the serrations too. If that Wells had actually been stuck in that bone, you would have turned science on its ear!

Comment

Working...
                                X