Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
    Did you dig today???
    No went to church and hung out with my wife. I dug a little yesterday but the storms shut me down. Found a few nice points.

I have to change my screen in the morning but might get to dig a littel if it dries out some.

Comment

Changed my screen this morning and just couldnt help digging a while. Found some neat Manning fused glass. A couple of points from it. Found a point I dontb have a clue how to ID . It is 3.5 inches long and thin as paper. Almost looks archery except for the size. Found about 50 points.
      Attached Files

Comment

What is the orange point made of?

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
          What is the orange point made of?
          I think that's the "cortex" or the orange part of the Manning fused glass.

Comment

Very nice keep em coming

Comment

That's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                Why are the paleo artifacts made with what seems like better material and better workmanship???
                The Paleo people were the first people here. they had their choice of stone. Also the flaking style used then REQUIRED high grade material.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  The Paleo people were the first people here. they had their choice of stone. Also the flaking style used then REQUIRED high grade material.
                  Hey aren't you supposed to be at work.

Comment

What era is the skoal can from! just kidding but was curious about the fused glass. I could google it but that wouldn't be any fun. Is that a meterial they used?

Comment

Originally posted by jbird77 View Post
                      What era is the skoal can from! just kidding but was curious about the fused glass. I could google it but that wouldn't be any fun. Is that a meterial they used?
                      volcanic material. I think it is only available in certain areas of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by jbird77 View Post
                        I think I already answered this but to the best of my experience it is REDNECKOLITHIC!

The MFG is the blue and red stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by roy d mercer View Post
                          hey aren't you supposed to be at work.
                          noooooope

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                            volcanic material. I think it is only available in certain areas of the country.
                            Thanks. That's pretty cool
                            Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            I think I already answered this but to the best of my experience it is REDNECKOLITHIC!

The MFG is the blue and red stuff.
                            haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa. I've come across a few items from that era!

Comment

Roy thats pretty close on what Manning Fused Glass is. It is an extremely rare material found almost exclusively in south East tx. The experts tell me it was formed when a giant meteorite hit Earth and drove so deep that it set a layer of lignite coal on fire. the coal may have burned under ground for hundreds of years and the heat fused sand and a certain mineral mix into a glass that is sky blue with layers of bright red. I have quite a few points made of it and didnt realize it was so rare untill recently. I am likely near a quarry source for it.

Comment

Can someone explain how you find/locate one of these camps. I have a few places that I think would be great locations but wouldn't know where to start. One is in Burnet County on the Morgan Creeks area(Northeast side of Buchanan) and the other is 1/2 a mile south of Colorado River on Bluff Creek North of Brady.

Comment

Working...
                                X