Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimH View Post
    lots of really nice points on display here. GaryGuy, how much of the camp do you have left to dig at this site?
    I believe he said somewhere around a years worth of digging left to do.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
      lots of really nice points on display here. GaryGuy, how much of the camp do you have left to dig at this site?
      Thats about right Johnny. Probably take me till next summer to finish it up. Now i have a secondary site on the other side of the springs that i havent sampled yet so if its good enough to dig i may have two years. Heck it may be a primary site for all i know. Lots of chips in the gopher mounds.

Gotta get this bearing fixed... been storming here all evening.

Comment

Nice points Kingsx.

Comment

I found this piece today in Bandera. We are staying at the Twin Elm RV park and I spotted it laying with a new rock walkway made from marble sized river rock. It looks intact and is a dark emerald green going to a lighter color near the tip. It is the first point I have found in over 40 year. Seeing this thread has turned my eyes to the ground in this area.

Comment

Good job UncleDoug. No telling how many you have stepped over!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
              I was watching storage wars last night and the dude that bought a unit found 6 to 8 average points and stated it was worth at least $2000. I need to look him up and unload my small collection....

Wasn't there a tread on hear a couple of years ago about a " Family Collection " that they had appraised and it turned out to be an unbelievable amount ?

Comment

Got the bearing changed finally. Had to rebuild a pulley that was supposed to be ready this morning.... Still not ready. waiting on the call and then i will be digging!

Comment

Do they know 20,000 folks are waiting on them??

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                    Do they know 20,000 folks are waiting on them??
                    LOL! maybe I should subscribe to catfacts for them. In gettn antsy.

Comment

Stevie ol pal I am having artifact withdrawal. Hope they get her fixed today.

Comment

Hopefully it's not under water . We have like 12 inches yesterday and today

Comment

I saw this was bumped and I got excited :/

Comment

Radar has been showing your area getting pounded by big rain. Hope all the equipment stayed afloat.

God Bless

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                              Radar has been showing your area getting pounded by big rain. Hope all the equipment stayed afloat.

God Bless

Rwc
                              Hope that rain uncovered some nice points for you Gar

Comment

Got the part and a break in the weather. got my sifter fixed and started about 330 this evening. Got around a hundred including scrapers but close to 50 keepers.

I dug a neat little birdie, a Early stemmed or two, A couple of Wells, etc, Found a NICE Plainview! 3 inches long and pretty much flawless. Been resharpened and has a mean bevel. Plan to dig in the morning.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X