No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a short dig this evening. Material is still weak. Im in a spot i thought would be awesome. Found an odd side knotched point with a sharpened round tip.

Found several nice points. About 20 whole ones out of around 40 total. Pretty good percentage.
    Attached Files

Comment

Some of these points are just odd...very cool!
      Indians made use of everything they had or found.

Comment

Very Nice...

Comment

Sorry for the crappy crop job and please excuse my lack of knowledge on Indian artifacts.....but could this have possibly been used as a knife?

Comment

I think most of those curved points/blades were used as knives. They've actually found some that were no bigger than archaic "arrowheads" that were hafted as knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
              Sorry for the crappy crop job and please excuse my lack of knowledge on Indian artifacts.....but could this have possibly been used as a knife?

Yep. weird job stemming it but it was obviously hafted as a knife, Many of the other points that are one sided arent broken but made as knives.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Yep. weird job stemming it but it was obviously hafted as a knife, Many of the other points that are one sided arent broken but made as knives.
                That's cool.........i'm enjoying this thread so far and am looking forward to your next dig!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
                  That's cool.........i'm enjoying this thread so far and am looking forward to your next dig!
                  Goode Lord willing, I will dig a short dig tomorrow am.

Comment

Awesome stuff! I did a little digging out on the Frio this week and found some broke's, flake's and preform's. I was excited just to find the stuff most toss aside!! I've seen a few pieces Johnny uncovered yesterday before I left out and cant wait to see what else he come's home with! To the top for an awesome thread!

Comment

Nice finds! I like the little knife. Good luck in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
                        GarGuy, your thread is the only thing that has ever made me want to get a shovel and dig a hole in the ground. Period.
                        you haven't met my ex.

Garguy, thanks for keeping this going

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                          you haven't met my ex.

Garguy, thanks for keeping this going
                          x2

Comment

Classic !

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                            you haven't met my ex.
                            amen !

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                              Awesome stuff! I did a little digging out on the Frio this week and found some broke's, flake's and preform's. I was excited just to find the stuff most toss aside!! I've seen a few pieces Johnny uncovered yesterday before I left out and cant wait to see what else he come's home with! To the top for an awesome thread!
                              Dangit! johnny needs to post up some pics! there is some awesome material on the Frio.

Gotta go dig now......

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Dangit! johnny needs to post up some pics! there is some awesome material on the Frio.

Gotta go dig now......
                                He's still got a few days before he get's back. Finally met him this week and him and his family are dang nice folks! Make's pretty darn good salsa too!!

Comment

Working...
                                X