Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    6ft...... Thats WAY DEEP for a Gary. It could have been ceremonially killed and burried. Perfect snap right in the middle of the blade.
    Artifacts move around alot in realy sandy soil. I dig up alot of woodland points resting on the clay, a good 6 feet down. I would love to see a few more pics of that celt if you get a chance.

Comment

Could not send Email so I thought I would post these and let You and Johnny see. Axe, Tomahawk or what? Thanks Mosey381
      Attached Files

Comment

Garguy, besides all the points you are finding, what about manos and metates? Sweat stones? Bone matter? You gotta be finding other camp-related relics in a site like that. Every time I found what I thought was a camp there was always broken sandstone pieces that were used for grinding. What else are you seeing there? Pottery?

Thanks so much for posting all of this. I am sitting here drooling over the stuff y'all are finding. Like Johnny said, good flint was hard to come by in East Texas so they made do with the "rougher" stuff like petrified wood etc. Very, very cool. Keep 'em coming!

Comment

I would almost pay to come watch the digging live! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Unreal and so awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Your dig site truly is a mother load. Love this thread.

Comment

Hoping for good stuff this weekend!!!

Comment

All caught up, this stuff is just awesome! Looking forward to more

Comment

Dug a while this morning. Had some stuff come up and had to make a short day. Gonna take a little time off and go fishing next week. May be several days before i get to dig again.

Found several nice points and a killer paleo drill. Maybe 50 or so total.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Man, that is just awesome!

Comment

Love that drill. Beautiful piece for sure....like a piece of candy. How deep was that black point with the long stem? You know what that looks like don't you?

For a short day, that sure is a great haul!

Comment

Your one day haul is better than my whole lifes collection. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Love that drill. Beautiful piece for sure....like a piece of candy. How deep was that black point with the long stem? You know what that looks like don't you?

For a short day, that sure is a great haul!
                            Yeah but it is a little too small and the wrong material. Looks a lot like the white point I found a few days ago. the black point was deep. The reworked expanded base point was deep also. I took crappy pics of it. Great material and heavily ground stem.

Comment

I have a busy week ahead. might sneak in a little dig though!

Comment

Please do!

Comment

Working...
                                X