No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speechless....and you haven't even made it to the main camp yet. Wow!
    Looks like you will get your 20K + points out of that site. Simply incredible.

Are you finding any beads there too?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Not everything was broke though... Found a nice groved celt.
      Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
        Speechless....and you haven't even made it to the main camp yet. Wow!
        Looks like you will get your 20K + points out of that site. Simply incredible.

Are you finding any beads there too?
        Found one bead. I will see if i have a pic of it. My test digs indicate over 100,000 points. There is a bunch of it that was in woods that I didnt know was worth digging. BUt it is.
        Last edited by GarGuy; 06-07-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Found one bead. I will see if i have a pic of it. My test digs indicate over 100,000 points.
          Good googley!! That's a full time job and it will probably pay more than Barnett Shale!!

So another question about the camp... about how far from water is it...is it a traditional high spot out of the flood plain but close to water?

Thanks. Great thread!
          Last edited by unclefish; 06-07-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Good gosh man....really don't know what to say. I can't wait to see more paleo jumpin of that sifter! That looks to be a golondrina. Is that what you are thinking? That thing would of been smokin!! Beautiful material on that one. That broke piece looks to be a Gary knife? Looks like y'all had a knock out day and dare I say that you will have better days as you push towards the main camp? Lovin it man and keep em coming!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              Good googley!! That's a full time job and it will probably pay more than Barnett Shale!!

So another question about the camp... about how far from water is it...is it a traditional high spot out of the flood plain but close to water?

Thanks. Great thread!
              From his pictures it looks like it's a high spot right above a creek....sitting right on the creek perhaps.

Comment

Yep, right on a spring and a spring fed creek. I found some interesting stuff today. several NICE heavily ground Wells. Thats a big ol gary knife if thats what it is. Odd... it was WAY deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Good gosh man....really don't know what to say. I can't wait to see more paleo jumpin of that sifter! That looks to be a golondrina. Is that what you are thinking? That thing would of been smokin!! Beautiful material on that one. That broke piece looks to be a Gary knife? Looks like y'all had a knock out day and dare I say that you will have better days as you push towards the main camp? Lovin it man and keep em coming!!!
                  Not positive on the paleo base. It has a nice clean fluting flake on one side. It is ground all thge way to the broke spot and started expanding. May be clovis. Pictures dont do the flaking justice.

Comment

wow thats a lot of points!

looks like you're gonna find a few nice paleos there, -- most are gonna be bases, hope you get some whole ones too

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post
                      wow thats a lot of points!

looks like you're gonna find a few nice paleos there, -- most are gonna be bases, hope you get some whole ones too
                      Yeah, you find lots of bases in sites like this. The often broke a point in the field and still had the base hafted so it got carried back to camp. When they changed it the base was discarded if too short to rework. the point end was usually re hafted.

Comment

100,000 points? That's awesome!

Comment

Not only are the deer and gar you harvest impressive, but this thread and what you are uncovering is unreal.

I'm not a rock hunter, but would love to come down and just hang out to see your operation.

Great thread and even greater testimony.

Rwc

Comment

My father inlaw owns thousands of acres in the Oklahoma panhandle around Boise City out around Picture Canyon a guy from Germany always comes down on him and looks for the Tres Piedras Treasure. He finds lots of old indian artifacts and my father inlaw has found lots also.

Comment

WOW this is amazing. gave me some awesome pics to look at at work. now one question, how do you go about discovering these sights that are productive, just trial and error?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                                WOW this is amazing. gave me some awesome pics to look at at work. now one question, how do you go about discovering these sights that are productive, just trial and error?
                                There is a ton of info on this scattered through the thread but the short answer is find what looks good and do a sample dig.

Comment

Working...
                                X