No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read all 6 pages and am amazed! Tuned in for the long haul.

Thanks for taking us a long.

Good Luck,

Manwitaplan

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
      When you dig, are you digging with a loader? If so, do the few points that get broken by the loader not matter when compared to the volume you can do at a time?
      An amazingly small amount gets broken in this site. The sand is so soft they push out of the way. When i dig blackland, more is broken. The sifter NEVER breaks anything.

Comment

Just got caught up. This is the best thread of the summer!! Keep up the good work.

Comment

It just keeps getting better. Every time I open this thread up it's hard not to just scroll through until I get to the pictures!

Comment

No posts for the last 13 hours? What is the world coming to? I can't go to sleep until I see a daily report!

Comment

whut up .. need me a fix here

Comment

I dug for 6 hours at my place in Madison County today. I'm not about to post my little finds on this thread. I sure was begging for a breeze right about 1pm!!!

Comment

Had an interesting day. Dug for about 7 hours and blew another dang hose. I guess BROKE was the word of the day....Some of the broke is pretty interesting. Here we go.

First off Dad and a friend Bill were on the sifter. stuff was rolling down faster than one guy could sift it. I finished the junk area and started working toward the main camp. (still way out from it) Dad held up a beautiful base and said he wondered how long that sucker was .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bill held up a point end and said "About this long"
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yepper!
                      Attached Files

Comment

One drop of super glue and an ancient break is repaired! Not even a flake missing!
                        Attached Files

Comment

More broke stuff too! I kinda like some of it anyway....How bout you Johnny?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            One drop of super glue and an ancient break is repaired! Not even a flake missing!
                            Nicely done! Great find.

Comment

Not everything was broke though... Found a nice groved celt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The celt was a hammer on one side and ground very sharp on the other. I dont have a clue how many points we found today. Here are some of them. My camera batteries died before I even got close to taking all the nice stuff.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X